Lyrica

Posted , 11 users are following.

i just saw a neurologist and he prescribed LYRICA for nerve pain. I am wondering if anyone had success with this drug.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No luck for me , mary anne, and I tried all of them, lyrica, cymbalta, neurotonin, venoflaxin, and others. The only effect for me was weight gain. Tried spinal cord stim, sacral plexus injections, radio frequency ablation, etc to no avail. Hope you have better luck.

• Posted

Howard,

Very sorry you had no luck. i am also going to try acupuncture. Have you tried acupuncture?

• Posted

No, as my insurance will not cover it, and presently on vicoden, and thinking about the medical mariuana program. And good luck with the accupunture and keep me posted.

• Posted

All I had by taking Lyrica was weight gain !

I went a Neurologist who specailizes in neuropathy pain and put me on Harzivant 600 mg !

I have a lot less pain now !

• Posted

Did you request that your insurance carrier pay for the acupuncture ?

Some times they will if you request it !

• Posted

Hi Maryanne....glad you have brought up lyrica as I have been thinking about it for a while. I have a host of idiopathic neuro symptoms, have had them for about 12yrs, all part of my body. Last yr I developed CFS and all the neuro stuff redoubled. It keeps me awake. A friend of mine also with CFS was given lyrica a few yrs ago and he reckons it improved his symptoms. I was going to raise the idea with my doctor. Do you mind me asking what your symptoms are? Mine are in my feet, calves, glutes, hands and face...tingling numbness pain etc

• Posted

Hi Charlie,

My neuropathy is only in my feet. It started several years ago after taking a low dose of MACROBID, an antibiotic to try to stop recurring urinary infections. I just had numbness the first two years. Now I have burning and numbness. There are times when i feel my feet are in a vice. it is a very painful condition. I am also going to try acupuncture. I will post how I feel after taking Lyrica. Good luck!

• Posted

I find hot weather really helps my neuralgia; my doctor offered me low dose anti depressants but I refused them when I read the list of side effects.

• Posted

No,I did not have pain relief with Lyrica !!

I went to a Neurologist who knows about Neuropathy pain !

He prescribed Horizant 600 mg and I'm having a lot of pain relief !

You might check this out with your Neurologist !!

• Posted

Hi, I am on LYRICA 250mgs day. It does not help with my small fiber neuropathic pain. I have been on it since 2014, going up and down in dosage to see if it helps at a higher dose (400mgs). The higher dose made feel dizzy, out of it, cry a lot and have suicidal thoughts . I did not notice any pain relief at the higher dose. I went back down to 250 and now I'm stuck on this dosage . My question is how many mgs of Lyrica were you on and for how long did you take it? Did you have bad WD symptoms from lyrica? Also, what is Horizant I never heard of this medication for Neuropathy? Does it help you? I am desperate. I get bad burning, tingling, buzzing, pins and needles , etc pain in both legs and feet. sometimes in my hands and fingers

Any suggestions on how to come off of Lyrica safely? TY Marie

• Posted

Hi Pippa, can you be more specific please? Did you come off Lyrica? How much were you on and for how long? I am also cautious and nervous about coming off it because I'm still in pain , but it could be helping and I dont know about it.

what are your thoughts on this?

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Donald , I read that Horizant is nothing more than a "glorified" Gabapentin or Neurotin..

This medicine is cousins with Lyrica. What are your thoughts. Are you still doing well on it?

Thanks

Marie

• Posted

I have never tried Lyrica because of the risk of side effects and the problems of withdrawal. However, the advice is to come off the drug gradually by taking a smaller dose each time until you are off it completely. If the drug was helping, you would be feeling less or no pain. If you are still in pain, it may mean it isn't working. Have word with you doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.