Lyrica for anxiety 75mg twice a day

Posted , 39 users are following.

Started on the above 10 days ago. First capsule i took i was asleep not long after, woke up feeling in a daze, doctor advised me to have one a day for few days. I have been taking two a day for 8 days. In this time, i have fell downstairs twice, developed a rash, past two days have had an intense pain above my right eye, not as bad as a migraine, but definately more than a headache, im not due to see Dr until another two weeks.. Hopefully the side effects will go as time goes on. I am also taking sertaline with these, i must admit i feel more like a zombie than alive lol. Guess im posting to see if anyone has used both before ? how did you feel?

Thank you

2 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca , i see you posted this over a year ago ..it would be nice to hear from you and about how your getting on with Pregabalin .I started on this drug over 18 months ago my doc told me that we must take it slow because of the side effects ,she started my on 25mg an i worked my way up slowly to 100mg ..((with side effects )) very bad ones 2 but i managed to fight them off , a few weeks a go i noticed that my lower back pain had increased so i increased Pregabalin to 150mg twice daily ..so far no side effects to deal with , i also take 100mg sertraline a day .Along with loads of other meds .

Hope you will consider on popping back to let us know how you get on ..Take care biggrin

• Posted

Hi i'd like to hear from Rebecca too, it's a shame people post then don't continue. What side effects did you have?
  • Posted

Hello, All....I started Lyrica about 10 days ago, 75mg, twice a day, then went to 150mg twice a day. I'm in love...I have nerve injury from a bad auto accident some years ago, I had thought that pain was the mantle I had to wear. I have mild reactions,, most of which is due to a sinus infection. I wake up refreshed. I actually smile and mean it. So far, it's been a miracle ....But I'm checking myself and listening to others....Thank you...
  • Posted

Been prescribed these 50 mg for anxiety and panic attacks can anyone tell me if they work and what side affects 
  • Posted

Hi rebecca how are you getting on with your lyrica, I've just been given them by my doctor as the sertraline and citalopram aren't working, I have genralised anxiety disorder, I'm just really hoping that these are going to do the trick ? xx

• Posted

hi how are you getting on with lyrica.  I am like you - ssris just dont work after months of trying getting to end of my tether now suggested augment with lyrica.  I am scared after reading all the bad reports. Please tell me how you are doing
    • Posted

Hi ann12538, dont worry about what you read because people react differently to medications, listen to your body and believe in the medicine you are taking so it would work better..unless you get bad side effects then you have to report them to your doctor to give you an alternative,, you are not alone dear,,hope you get well soon .. Peace & Love,,,

• Posted

Thank you for kind words.

sitting looking at lyrica packet what to do try it, dont try it. Whatever i dont want to feel dizzy or uncoordinated like reports here. Very unsure

• Posted

Hi Ann did you try lyrics. The doctor gave me lyric I'm just like you I do not know if I what to try them. Can I ask how you got on with them did them help you

• Posted

Hi Guys, Im a newbie here, Just been reading this thread and found it most interesting.

I was suicidal in May 2016. Dignosed with Depression and Anxiety disorder.

The Dr put me on Sertraline 100mg, to which I didnt sleep for 4 days and my mind felt like there were about 50 tabs open on an internet browser!! most awful experience ever, not to mention panic attacks, in fact it made me more depressed.

Next came Citalopram, I had used this before a few years back and found it worked for me, this time? No such luck. againn, my internet browser tabs in my head were ALL open and wouldnt shut up.

Xanax or 10mg diazepam didnt even have any effect.

Then came the queitapine ( seroquel) started off at 12.5mg, then increased to 25mg at night. - IT WORKED!! did make me a bit stoned as such but I was sooo calm I didnt give a sh*t about anything whatsoever! My kids thought I was the most laid back mother ever!!

Then Dr started me on Mirtazepine with the seroquel at night.

Holy Jesus!!!! My legs were dancing all night long.  ( restless legs)

After 3 weeks I couldnt take it anymore.

Dr started me on Lyrica. 25mg twice a day for a week then up to 50mg twice daily, and now I'm on 75mg twice daily. I still feel a bit depersonalised and drowsy, also a bit absent minded about stuff I would normally be really careful with.

But the anxiety and panic have gone.

I would say I still feel down as such and am a bit demotivated to do things, but I do get " good" days where I get up and everything is done.

I would rather have a broken leg than have this. It's a curse.

I am a nurse also. So I know a far bit about the side effects for this sort of medication.

Dont knock it till you tried it. Everybody is different, some people cannot take ibuprofen, yet I can take it by the bucket load for my back and I get zero side effects from it lol!!

Psychotherapy will work too, its not ALL about the drugs. Training your mind and using it - its like a muscle, mindfulness meditatation will work once you can train your mind and body to switch off and sit or lie still for 5-10 minutes a day.

Took me a good while to learn how to do it, so dont be discouraged if you cannot do this immediately.

• Posted

Hi Julie my Dr has started me on 75mg X 2 a day but iv only been taking it at night as I feel really drunk and kind of brain dead. Will this pass?
    • Posted

Hi Rachel,

Sorry for the delay in response, I forgot my password !!! doh!! 

Yes, I had the same symptoms. I am on 75mg x 2 a day also and I actually feel the best I have felt in a very long time.

I got through xmas without so much as a meltdown or anxiety attack which is a miracle!!

My symptoms took a while to pass so be patient and keep going with it for a few more weeks. 

Try drinking plenty of water too, I felt this helped my brain fog.

• Posted

Hi I suffer with fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, type 2 dieabetes and high blood pressure I'm only 27

I'm on so many different drugs propanol (40 mg 3 times a day) sertrline 150 mg, amitriptyline 25 mg, metaphomin 500 mg 2 a day, ramaprill 2.5 mg a day now they as want me to take lycria 50 mg 3 times a day to start with then up to 150 mg 2 times a day

I've heard something things bout taking this drug the main issue I'm concerned about is the drowzy ness of it when all I want to do is sleep any way. I'm fed up of being put on so many meds but doctors don't what else to do, so I go along with it

I also have a 4 year old little boy to take care of but he is at school now so not so bad. I do have my husband but he works during the day. I struggle doing anything round the house and I feel like I should do it coz my husband works but recently he has been really good. Also I'm supposed to be stating work in 2 weeks time at a nursery and its only 2 hours a day but I'm scared I will struggle haven't even started and my doctor wanted to give me a sick note and he said o shouldn't be working but need the money I do get ESA I did get turned down for PIP bout a year ago don't weather to try for that again

Really need some help

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

How is it going with pregabilin ?

I started yesturday 50 mg twice daily

Today I slept all day and when I did eventually get up I was so spaced out it made me anxious dr wants me to up it 100mg three times daily next week but not sure I want to now

Pls let me know how you getting on?"

Also on sertraline 200mg and amitriptoline 20 mg depression and fibromyalgia

• Posted

Hi , I've started pregabalin today, how did you get on with it? 

• Posted

Hi, I've started pregabalin today, how did you get on with it? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.