Lyrica for anxiety 75mg twice a day

Posted , 39 users are following.

Started on the above 10 days ago. First capsule i took i was asleep not long after, woke up feeling in a daze, doctor advised me to have one a day for few days. I have been taking two a day for 8 days. In this time, i have fell downstairs twice, developed a rash, past two days have had an intense pain above my right eye, not as bad as a migraine, but definately more than a headache, im not due to see Dr until another two weeks.. Hopefully the side effects will go as time goes on. I am also taking sertaline with these, i must admit i feel more like a zombie than alive lol. Guess im posting to see if anyone has used both before ? how did you feel?

Thank you

2 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I have been prescribed pregablin today as my anxiety has gone out of control for me I don't think I want too or am going to take these as I was gave citalapram I had a really bad reaction also a fear of tablets you could say was just wondering if any of you guys had any other means of coping I could possibly try thanks

• Posted

Hi Karl, I've started pregabalin today, how did you get on with it? 

• Posted

How did the pregabs work for you?? I still Darent take mine
    • Posted

Did you take the pregabs? If so how did they work for you? I've been Sat here with the box of pregablin since Thursday but like you I had a bad reaction to citelopram and now I Darent take these, but just wanna feel better for my kids

• Posted

Just wondered if anyone could update on their experiences of pregabalin. Took my first 75mg today and feel really spaced out. Should I take this at night maybe so I can sleep through side effects? How long do side effects last? Will they subside? 
    • Posted

Hi Frinsey, you can take it at night i started that way, but really it does not matter when you take it. Side effects vary from person to person, but mainly you should see a reduction in a week to two. this drug takes about two weeks to really kick in and feel the benefits. i am experiencing side effects also and am also on 75mg a day with the intention of upping to 100mg, but i am letting the effects fall away first before i up, so going slow. i hope this has helped, be nice to hear from you to see how you are getting on.
  • Posted

Just read all the comments about Lyrica...just one side effect I never heard mentioned is anger. my niece was taking these for ages for Anxiety..worked really good for her..although she put on loads of weight..however the longer she was on them the more her personality changed..she couldn't agree with anyone,then one day she beat her daughter up..her dauhter was in her twenties.and she knew this had to stop..the family got together and talked to her,and she agreed to come off them...she is now lyrica free, back to her old self..just thought I'd mention this..

• Posted

Ive just been put on pregablin for anxiety disorder, and had bad reactions to ssris and I must say I'm terrified of taking it due to the dizziness people mention, but also can't cope with my anxiety, ive been put on 75mg twice a day but thinking about just taking one a day to see how I cope. I think I've also developed anxiety of trying new meds from all this, on top of agrophobia, is it worth the side effects?? I've got two young kids and just want to be the happy mummy a was before all this sad

• Posted

What doctor did you see to get on pregablin for anxiety? I want to talk to my doctor about it but I don't know if I talk to my regular MD or my Psych doctor. Thanks!

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your problem l how how you feel. Can you help me l forgot how to post on here could you please let me know how to do it Thank you hope you get better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.