magnesium

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, just a quick question. What are the best supplement s to take. I've heard people recommending magnesium for one but remember that a higher dose was mentioned. I've been taking b12 on prescription for a while now along with a million other things but have decided to go down the more natural route as not feeling much better with current meds. I'm planning a hol in the sun soon and need to get some extra energy from somewhere.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i am glad you have noticed that you dont seem to be a lot better for all the meds you are taking .

and are trying to get yourselve weaned of . i use b12,q10 vit d with k2 you can apply magneisum direct to the skin in a magneisuim oil or buy flakes and soak for at least 20mins in a bath this helps with the pain and will be absorbed by the body into the blood stream this will take longer then with a tablet form about 3/6 months 

epsom salts are a cheaper way but only relaxes the muscles is not the right kind for absorbing , its harsh . to . the one time i used it for soaking my feet  30 mins later i had a an upset tummy. you could look into also a brain retraining programme helps some people to fully recover but its hard work 

• Posted

Thanks for that. Have been thinking about popping into a local health shop for some advice.
    • Posted

becareful hun they will push stuff on you . esp in holland and barret .

magneisum flakes /and oil can be brought on line.cheaper because you can buy in larger amounts you can buy 5kg bags of mag flakes for £25 on line 

if your interested i pm u .that is very good i was paying on ebay £50 for 3kg

and in shops your looking at about £5 for enough to do one bath 

although i have noticed that tescos are doing well known brand of mag oil 100mls for around £9 which is what i pay online .

bewarned the oil can sting a bit when first applied to skin but it soon wears of .i put it undr my arms now with no problems as well as on knees and hips . applying to slightly damp skin helps if you reall dont like the sting confused

• Posted

Hi Hunny I take magnizeum and vit D and I can tell the difference I get them both off my doctor hun 💖
    • Posted

i bet it isent vit d3 my doctor told me to by it from a health shop because they dont percribe the right vit d . on perscribtion
    • Posted

Same here tiswas, I'm in Australia..Drs don't prescribe, but they do tell you what's the best one to buy-not  the brand, very interesting about using the mag oil, must try it..thanks..be blessed:-) xxx
    • Posted

Are you in Oz tooJackie...mm... I would prefer to have mine on script as it will probably be stronger and more helpful..certainly more cheaper too..:-)xx thanks..
    • Posted

people think that vit d is vit d but its not vit d3 is what we need and doctors in the uk dont prescribe d3 the one they do perscribe is not as good. thats was straight from my gps mouth
    • Posted

Thank for that info...I take vit D3 plus Mag. and the rest....very interesting isn't it.? Thanks tiswas...are you in Oz?? Just maybe it's different here with the docs..actually probably nit as he suggested I take Vit d3 anyway!!! .we do live in hope .:-) xx be blessed..
    • Posted

Ooops just realized your in the UK...where I originated from as a child in the late 50's. :-) xxx
    • Posted

Not that I really remember it I was a kid, but it married a cockney...unreal...all this way too marry a cockney ....but a really Guddun ....I have never ever wanted to go back fir a visit...my mum has been loads of times...I guss she remembers it more,,,my husband went back in the end if 73 a while before we married....he said it was shockingly expensive .....:-) xxx
    • Posted

yes expensive in 73 i think he would be stunned now .at the prices .

now . anight out now in a pub with mates god your looking at least £60 and thats if your careful and thats here in the north of england god knows about london .its £3.00 a pint at least here . in 75 a pint was 37p  .

i think the shock might be to much if he came back now.eek

• Posted

I agree, he is not a drinker, but if a night out is that expensive, well everything good is going to be for sure...seems if we like something, that's what girs up first..:-(   I am originally from Middlesborough Yorkshire...that's up north..so the cockney says..haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.