magnesium

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was told magnesium citrate wsa good for anxiety i am on hrt so could i take the magnesium with them my anxitey is taking over try to go to work but get so anxius cant go was hopeing the magesinm would help do vb6 as well but told vb complex 50mg would be better

Paula xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula

you want to be looking at a complex with 100mg B6 if you want a complex

Ie.. Busy b or Mega B 100 times release from H&B

they say and my doctor also, 100mg a day in morning of B6 for peri and post meno, and maybe higher depending on severity of symptoms.. Low B6 supplementing  will not improve much at all 

i take 150mg B6 alone ..

Magnesiums .. citrate and Oxide are taken but have laxative effects and depending on how they work with you personally you may be running to to toilet every morning like i did and then think you have IBS 

i now use Solgar Chelated Magnesium, its better anyway and doesnt upset the stomach.. Any chelated magnesium is better 

jay x

• Posted

Thank you there is so much to take or not it is hard to know what to do xx
    • Posted

Yes 😵 its all confusing at first 

but at least we can inform you incase it helps ..

we have been trialing and erroring for years 😊😊😊😊 in finding the right ones - many ladies will share their remedies and how they have helped

i dont take HRT so had to find what helps for me ..

B6 also aids absortption of HRT so can be taken and beneficial with or with out 

good luck Paula 

jay x

• Posted

What’s the best 

Magnesium supplement?

i use the effervescant and drink mine before bed ... Brilliant 

heres some info imfind about diggerent kinds of magnesium 

Before you decide how MUCH magnesium to take, you must first decide what KIND of magnesium to take as some are better than others. Be sure to read labels VERY carefully. Here are your magnesium supplementation choices:

Magnesium Oxide: found in Low Quality magnesium supplements. It’s cheap and readily available- and it’s the WORST for absorption. Don’t get it if it says Magnesium Oxide or if it simply says 'Magnesium' without saying what KIND of magnesium- it's probably magnesium oxide.

Magnesium Citrate: If you don’t have any serious health problems and just want a general supplement for everyday use, this is a good choice. It CAN be mildly laxative at higher dosages so is a good choice if you tend to be constipated. But it’s not such a good choice if you tend towards loose stools or have an ongoing health condition that you may need to be taking fairly large doses on a daily basis.

Angstrom Magnesium- probably the BEST choice for those who get loose stools easily. It's tiny particle size provides the BEST absorption of any supplements with almost no Gastrointestinal symptoms.

Chelated Magnesium: is bound to amino acids and are the magnesium supplementation of choice for most health conditions. They are more expensive, but can be taken in larger dosages with fewer laxative side effects. Chelated magnesium preparations go by many different names, all being suitable for magnesium supplementation:

* Elemental Chelated Magnesium

* Magnesium Glycinate

* Magnesium Malate- a good choice for Symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Patients- the connection between Fibromyalgia and Magnesium is VERY strong!!. I highly recommend Jigsaw Health's Sustained Release Magnesium Malate as my first choice in magnesium supplements.

Transdermal Magnesium Gel: Magnesium preparations that you rub into the skin. Magnesium is well-absorbed this way and is a good choice for people with poor digestion, those who simply can’t tolerate magnesium any other way, or for those with repetitive strain injuries or tendonitis

I now take solgar cheated magnesium .. No upset tummy on chelated magnesium for me   

• Posted

Typo..

should say i take solgar Chelated Magnesium 

• Posted

This above post i put is old .. and since  i had to change from Magnesium Citrate, Oxide and the effervescant as they all upset my stomach... effervescant was a nice relaxer before bed, but i was running to the toilet on waking and at that time had not made the connection that is was these magnesiums doing this.. ( laxative effect well known) 

after trial and error and research, Chelated is the only magnesium i can take and not upset me ..

jay x

• Posted

Hello Paula,

I am on HRT and still take the recommended vitamins ie Busy B's which has the 100 mg which my doctor advised me that this was the min to take at our time of life.

I also take Chelated Magnesium Solgar and I also take Omega 3 aswell. I also take Vit D spray and liquid iron. All I believe have helped me along with acupuncture that.  not only helps with the anxiety but is very good for calming and other things related to the menopause.

My main symptoms I suffer with are health anxiety which in turn effects my tummy with digestive issues.

Good luck and massive up lifting hugs coming your way.

Joy xx🌞

• Posted

Hi Paula 

thats how it affects me, anxiety .... Churned stomach, waves of feeling sick, upset tummy and dont want to eat ..

😩

jay 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.