Magnets for menopause?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies

In desperation I have just bought a ladycare magnet. I have been taking Sage, Soya & Starflower tablets for 2 weeks (no help) to help my flushes, palpitations, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety & memory.

I do not want to go down the HRT road at present. I am 54 & still have periods off & on

Any feedback from anyone 're the magnets or tablets would be much appreciated thank you smile

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen

have you tried 100mg of B6 daily for the anxiety

Rainforest food Maca 5.1 and Vit E 400iu helps my Flushes ..

jay x

• Posted

Ohh thanks Jayne! No I have not but I will go online & order some today smile x
  • Posted

Useful info 

For a woman going through perimenopause, B-vitamins can be essential for effectively managing symptoms.   

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause.

B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system. Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause.

Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

100mg of B6 each morning 

or Busy B complex ( containing 100mg b6 ) or Mega B 100 time release containing 100mg B6 ( both from holland and barret ) 

B12 5000 mcg ( ug )  higher the better 

jay x

• Posted

Vit E 400iu 

Vitamin E

This is an important vitamin to consider at the menopause.

Over many years clinical studies have shown its effect on reducing hot flushes.

Vitamin E is also helpful for vaginal dryness and one study showed that just 400iu taken daily for between 1 and 4 months helped 50 percent of the women given supplemental vitamin E.

Although most women fear breast cancer, our biggest killer is heart disease.

There is now such a wealth of information on the beneficial effects of nutrition on heart disease and unfortunately HRT has been shown to increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

A study published in the Lancet showed that 2000 patients with arteriosclerosis (fatty deposits in the arteries) had a 75 percent reduction in their risk of heart attack when given vitamin E.

At the time, researchers claimed that vitamin E was even more effective than aspirin in reducing heart attacks.

• Posted

Hi Karen, I too have been taking sage for my hot flushes and just wanted to say that sage, as with any herb, can take a while to get into your system before you will feel any benefit. I am after 6 weeks just starting to notice a reduction in my hot flushes. I would suggest that you persevere with it for a bit longer.

Julie x

• Posted

hi Juleann

yes good advice, need a good 2-3 months for any Vits and supplements to make a difference .. Some work after a short while some take alot longer, and have to be taken every day .... 

jay x

• Posted

Ahh thanks for that Juleann. I will persevere. Its just so awful isnt it? sad x
  • Posted

I bought a magnet in January and used it for about a month in which time the hot flushes completely stopped. Sadly periods started again though sad

Hot flushes started again in September when the periods stopped again and this time the magnet did nothing. I started on a variety of vitamins and supplements as recommended on here and the flushes did stop again.....however I have just started another period aarrggghhh.

If anyone wants to try the magnet for less than cost price I am thinking about putting on e bay

• Posted

Oh dear sad Utter rubbish isn't it! Nothing nice about it at all is there? Should be a law against if I reckon lol. It's so good to hear I am one of many going through it. All my friends & colleagues don't seem to have it bad at all. One or 2 warm episodes & that's it. I think, like most of us here, we are getting quite extreme symptoms unfortunately sad Keep your chins up ladies x
  • Posted

Yes miserablecry. I used to think that it would be a breeze but unfortunately that's not the case. I hate not sleeping and feeling like a zombie, totally inadequate and stupid and I hate what my body is doing to me and to top it all after 6 months with no periods "Alcazam" they are back with vengance.

Julie x

• Posted

Hi Julie 

oh bless ya.. I had exactly the same thing went 6 months and bang another period, headaches feom hell,  But then i went over the year zone after that one, and post meno now ..

lets hope you get 12 months with out another ,,

jay x

• Posted

Yes I can certainly identify with all you are saying Julianne. Just so debilitating isn't it? sad You are not alone & no doubt we will all come out the other side x
    • Posted

Hi Jay

Yes i understand, it's awful, headaches are bad, confusion, think my work mates tolerate me I am now getting really fed up with it all. I am 55 next week and have had periods since 11 years old, think I am due my gold watch. Sage is really helping with hot flushes though.

Julie x

• Posted

Hi Karen, 

Just to repeat what I said before,, keep up with the sage because for me it seems to be working fotr the hot flushes. I also take chamomile capsules, which I am sure help with the stress.

Julieann x

• Posted

Thanks so much Julieann I will order some chamomile now aswell! smile I too get confused easily & my memory is a joke. I am a nurse & work with 3 young dynamic types, & then there's me! They are very sweet but I am sure they are totally fed up with their menopausal colleague sad x
    • Posted

Hi Juilie 

happy birthday for next week, 🎉🎉 have a good one..

glad sage is helping you, i have never taken sage ..

I had flushes at very beginning of peri, and some post meno again. i am only 15 months post meno, no hrt, i had some awful flushes in summer as so hot here then, but all has calmed again now its cooler and none at the moment .

they will get better hun..

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.