Magnisum

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I have muscle tension, muscle weakness and muscle cramps. I do have an anixty disorder and I know some of these symptoms are cause by anixty. I'm on medication for the anixty. I found out my magnesium is a point away from being low and can cause the symptoms. I'm wondering if someone has taken magnesium vitamins and how much? I'm not sure on how many milligrams too take and my Dr. went on vaction. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-You

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Agree with cia. Goggle high magnesium foods and simply add the to your diet. Avacadoes, bananas..etc..look it up. Food is healthcare, medicines are sick care. Always use diet changes as a first line of defense then suppliments and your doctor ahould be aware of any suppliments you use or really be the one to recommend them. You can even soak your feet in an epsom salt bath to absorb magnessium but only if your blood pressure is normal. 
    • Posted

New one to me, Lisa. Does epsom salts raise or lower blood pressure??? I was just going to get some for swelling feet and have high blood pressure. Good idea or bad idea?
    • Posted

I dont know. You are on blood pressure meds. It lowers blood pressure on the whole. But anyone with blood pressure issues should really ask the doctor. I have read conflicting reports. Then some say use the pink hymalyan salt version. Its all confusing. But it does add magnessium to your system very well. 
    • Posted

I know 12 minutes your body absorbs 35% of the magnessium in the bath. And you would need to use it a certain amount of time from when you took the bp meds. Epsom salt is magnessium sulfate. And you use the rub in gel already. Something you should ask about. A sharp drop wouldnt feel good at all. 
    • Posted

Magnesium levels are fine. I was going to use it for swelling in the ankles Thanks for the good info.,Lisa. Will check with doctor.
    • Posted

New info. I love it. Had no idea that Epsom salts were magnesium sulphate. I think I will just stick with my magnesium spray for the odd muscle spasm.eek

• Posted

You can try support hose or elevating your legs for swelled ankles? Is that from your blood pressure medication by the way? Some do that then they add a diuretic to the mix.
    • Posted

My magic mix is a blood pressure meds in same patch as my anti anxiety med which I wouldn't give up without a to the death battle.biggrin It could be either of the med, or just spending hours sitting here every day. I do get up and elevate my feet above my heart periodically, and am picking up support hose today, just for sitting here. Right now my skinny little ankles are perfect. I have learned that they will "tell" me when they want a break if I've been ignoring them...they get stiff and hard to flex.

Thanks for your caring support, Lisa. I appreciate you, Honey!!

• Posted

Hello, can you use the magnesium spray on the back of your neck for neck tension
    • Posted

you can, but it is a little sticky. Because it is rubbed right into the skin, it doesn't matter where you spray it. It absorbs very quickly into the blood stream and relaxes all the muscles. When my feet, back or shoulders tense up, I just rub it into my thigh....three or four sprays rubbed in  should do the trick in less than a couple of minutes...if needed, use a couple more sprays, Teria.

• Posted

You are most welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, Teria.
    • Posted

I was wondering if you have too wash off the spot you spray after 20 mins. Thank-You again for helping me
    • Posted

Do you have too wash off the spray @ certain time after use?

Thank-You for helping me and I hope you are doing well

• Posted

No, it will stay a little sticky, that's why i do my upper thigh. There is still a little absorbtion going on. Do wash your hands though. You don't want to get any in your eyes. (I tend to rub my eyes.) Washing he area next time you bathe is just fine, Honey. I am, like all the rest of us hanging in there, Teria. Thank you for inquiring you sweet thing.wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.