Making Alkaline Water Safely, Cheaply....

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been newly diagnosed with LPR. Most of my symptoms have gone away with a strict diet. I currently buy Alkaline water and this morning I tested it. Although, the well known company states it's Ph is 8,8 it's really 7.2 as of my testing this morning. My tap water is 7. I was curious if anyone has made alkaline water that is safe and cheap. Making it naturally would also be nice. I would like to avoid making it with synthetics. I like the idea of adding minerals, but looking more into the big seller of minerals most of them have heavy metals as well as arsnic and lead.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I bought an alkaline water filter jug from Amazon,. It turned my 7.5 water into 9.8! I just mentioned in another thread that I drink 3 glasses before bed and 3 glasses in the morning and my throat clearing after 2-3 hours of waking (which lasts 20 mins with hoarseness and loss of voice), is reduced to a couple of coughs of dislodging the mucus and then I'm fine. Quite miraculous tbh. 
  • Posted

What brand of water was it that stated it was 8.8 but is really 7.2?
  • Posted

Thanks Andrew, what is in the filter that makes the water more alkaline?

Hi Susan, it was not my intention to mention the company name. I did want to report my findings to suggest others do the same. 

• Posted

Well Thanks to you ! I have just tested my  water filter jug, and it made 

my water much more acid than out of the tap ! Will be purchasing an alkaline filter jug instead ! And having tap water while I wait, I wondered 

why with all the alkaline food I am eating, that I still test acidic ! Now i

know what was wrong, many thanks

• Posted

Glad you looked into it. I was told by a water expert to find an all natural mineral mix to make water more alkaline. I looked into a few, but the ones I found had some scary additions ie., lead, arsnic and other heavy metals. Also, I do not want one with calcium or magnesium since I take these already. Drinking water with these could cause someone to be overdosing since one could drink lots of water.....or you already consume it in tablets or foods..... 
    • Posted

Your correct...It's always best to be on the "safe side" of what we put into our mouth........minerals in water however do not get absorbed... unless they have "binders" such as proteins. That's my understanding, I'll try and confirm or unconfirm on my next visit to the Stanford Lane Medical Library in Palo Alto (Silicone Valley)...unless I find reliable scientific studies beforehand...IMO....I don't think mineral supplementation is a good idea unless a proven deficiency via blood, fecal, and urine lab tests...and then...with caution... there are some caveats....free copper and lead as an example....Zinc is required to bind to free copper to get excess out of our blood serum......lead...not so easy...medical chelation therapy with appropriate binders (succimer, a new agent that shows promise with less negative side effects)....claudio
    • Posted

Thanks Don, looking forward to what you find out. I read that some rural parts of Cali are out of water. Has it effected biger cities in any way?
    • Posted

The state of California is on Water Restriction use...locally we cannot wash cars....water non food producing plants and so on...Some cities have imposed big fines...

The state hasn't received much rainfall at all for the past few years...I'm on the coast...my temp is influenced by the Pacific Ocean..54 to 56F...so plenty of fog...keeps us cool...but sodium big time. I have fruit and vegetable gardens...I water at 4 am...and have water evaporation protection...helps..plants...helps water waste.

I may need to clarify "absorption"..meant....blood serum...a mineral like calcium can build up within the kidney but not in blood serum without some binder......some calcium supplements are difficult to process unless they have help from mag and or Vit D plus K2 (a binder). Minerals and their good bad and ugly...requires a lot of detail...really not for this thread. Organic vs Inorganic etc... Nearly every research study promotes food vs supplementation (organic)...and supplementation should be monitored....we don't want nor need symptoms to prove or disprove a condition....good ole balance is always big time helpful......and being an inquisitive open minded skeptic "ain't bad" ......Claudio

• Posted

abc...forgot to mention...the most productive orchards and vinyards are wastelands. From our Northern area to Southern...what we call the fruit valleys...San Joaquin, Sacramento, had tears looking at the sad site...beginning from Livermore California to the foothills of Los Angeles.

The largest man made res...Los Banos..that supplies almond and citrus growers as well as drinking water looks "dreadful"...btw...so that this doesn't become irrevalent to the threads....calcium carbonate is "INORGANIC"...inorganics have a positive charge whereas Organic a negative. mineral classification for me is difficult..its like a bunch of actions and reactions plus more reaction to the previous reaction and it goes till my nose bleeds...Claudio

• Posted

I believe it. Thanks for the info. I remember visiting vinyards of multi million dollar companies. During the tour they stated the best grapes come from vines that were given very limited water. That way the vines put all their effort into the fruit. Sounds like the mix of Cali weather, and the dirt offers fertile plants.
    • Posted

dos cosas (2 things)...The multi million dollar companies making vino are in the Napa Sonoma area...north of San Francisco...and they do get rain vs us guys...Every rain season, the Russian River "over flows"...you can buy a cabin for cheap along side...and yes...about fruiting....we stop watering our tomato's when they begin to change from green to an orange...this way we incourage sugar and more rapid ripening. I haven't tried this for my Fuji or Gala Apple...I just wait and select the ones that show some "yellow"...that's sugar. All minerals are inorganic and ACID...the chemistry of Ca changes when stuff is added to it....Claudio
    • Posted

Sadly, here down south in Orange County, we are given few water restrictions.  So people are wasting so much water on their bleeping lawns!  Just terrible.  Anyhow, those up north see the problems and care, and then those down south don't see the farms and orchards, so they ignore the problems.
    • Posted

Nice to see a fellow Californian on this site.  Honestly it's the best site I've seen like this!!!
  • Posted

Hi ABc and beyond...

My casister shows:Ca, Ma, K, and Na...common minerals...but doesn't show at what strength of each.......and how compounded (encased...possiblly some liposome formula? but doubt it ).....can use micro dabs of these (if organic) and test them against your probe?  back to high school chemistry??  just an idea...hope its helpful..claudio

• Posted

I have drops called alkalife.  I put 3 drops of this in a glass of water to alkalize it.  I have not tried my ph stip on it.  But I will now.  I have also addes it to apple juice as well, and found that it helps make it less acidic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.