Making Alkaline Water Safely, Cheaply....

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been newly diagnosed with LPR. Most of my symptoms have gone away with a strict diet. I currently buy Alkaline water and this morning I tested it. Although, the well known company states it's Ph is 8,8 it's really 7.2 as of my testing this morning. My tap water is 7. I was curious if anyone has made alkaline water that is safe and cheap. Making it naturally would also be nice. I would like to avoid making it with synthetics. I like the idea of adding minerals, but looking more into the big seller of minerals most of them have heavy metals as well as arsnic and lead.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi abc123-

I bought drops from Whole Foods that changes the PH for regular water. Cheap and work great!

• Posted

abc plus,

Here are the ingredients...plus the add..per the mfg..

1. Ellagic Acid

antioxidant found in raspberries and pomegranates works to temporarily inhibit gastric acid secretions and produce a short-term reduction in gastric acidity.‡

2. Fava Bean, Apple Pectin, Calcium & Magnesium

help neutralize existing stomach acid.‡

3. Aloe Vera and L-Glutamine (an amino acid)

These soothing ingredients have been shown to help heal and protect the lining of the esophagus and the stomach.‡

4. Papain The natural digestive enzyme derived from papaya assists with protein digestion and enhances nutrient absorption.‡ 

Neither wife nor I have the symptoms for these...but for what it's worth...Post major abdominal surgery, L Glutamine, twice daily..probably 2 to 3grm not exceeding 6gm daily.

Fresh Papaya (Hawaii only)..1/2 fruit daily...no Aloe...PH 4 something...fresh Aloe from the Aloe Vera Plant...fresh raspberries daily from garden (everbearing)..2 oz of pure organic Pomegranate juice 50 50 with tap water (7.1 PH)...1/2  small fresh Fuji Apple from garden (had about 20 in refrig crisper) probably no Pectin..get this with green unripened apples.

a lotta other stuff such as Milk Thistle 500mg pre bedtime....ocassionally 1/4 teaspoon of psyllium husk powder in hopes it would boost good intestial flora... she was given big time anesthesia plus big time pain med..self injected as needed...so was very concerned about her digestive system post this  major abdominal surgery (6 hrs on the table...4 days in Hosp) full recovery 6 weeks.

And how are you doing???? Claudio.

• Posted

Thanks Anastasia & Don!

Don, thanks for the ingredients list. May I ask what product this is for?

Also, sorry to hear about your wifes issues is this Anastassia? Probiotics are a great idea. Two very good supplements for this is Orthobiotic or VSL-3. 

So far I am doing very well thanks for asking.

• Posted

sorry..."heartburn stop" ..was following Ana's post...

re wife's past issues...I suspect with the sole issue remaining "mild gastritis" diagnosed via endoscopy (4 months ago) and "me" via light hand touch...there are unknowns...she has not regained much of her lost weight..at discharge 95 or 96lbs...now 104lbs...but many ups and downs since November 1st 2010.

One huge problem is diet and intermittent intensive exercise......or simply "compliance".

And yes VSL-3 recall is good stuff...but how to get it

past the stomach acid? A study on UC patients illustrated a 70% plus postive response..the Method disclosed did not include a chaperone? so was just

the VSL-3 capsule? I'd wager a tad..if they had used a timed released

mechanism...maybe far greater than 70%...alternating days, in the early am pre breakfast we use 1/2 glass of water...followed by 1/4 (initial) of psyllium husk powder in another 1/2 glass of water with probiotics..fingers crossed it might work...she has had no BM problems..usually like a Rope...easy...no straining...an occasional small mozzarella cheese pizza (no tomato but basil, fresh parsley and a tad of parmigiano had no "binding or compaction" affect...Claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.