Making changes & need advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

First of all, I want to apologize for not being on the forum for quite awhile. I've been in a depression since the nalrexone side effects. I was praying that would work.

Anyway, I called off work yesterday.  This is the second time in 2 months. So, I know things are slowly getting worse.

I've decided that I'm going to give it one more try cold turkey and if I do not suceed I'm going inpatient.  

I seen my outpatient counselor today and we've both agreed I've been missing one important thing everytime I try to quit and that's a "speed dial" support system.  So, since I do not go to AA I do realize I need to use the phone more often and stop thinking I'm burdening people with my problems.  I've put my daughter and 2 close on that list to call WHEN I feel the cravings hit.  

I've also decided to start getting outside more often.  

Does anyone have any ideas that could help me with my support system?  

1 like, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys. Finally got to sleep at 8 this morning and woke at 12. Hope you get through work ok Kelly. Tonight, get a curry and your fav soft drink. Try and watch a good film or go to cinema. Good luck today my dear friends xxxx

plus icecream ?? Stay safe, sane and sober xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Paper Fairy,

I am glad you are well, today.  I am feeling a lot better.

Positivity returns... and off I go again, into battle

Ccchhhhaaaaarrrrrrgggggggeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

Ha, ha !

Angel XX

• Posted

Awesome on the sleep Paper! I'm doing OK at work so far. I checked the movie theater and nothing good showing. I did buy a movie yesterday while shopping. Maybe a movie and popcorn? I had my husband drive me to work so I wouldn't be tempted to stop for beer on the way home. The lengths we go through as an alcoholic. I like that...stay sane, safe and sober. Blessings!!!
    • Posted

Sounds like me giving my bank cards to oh so I had no money to buy alcohol. Sounds like you mean business and wish you the best
    • Posted

Well now he made plans to see a movie with his daughter. So what was the sense of him picking me up from work? I told him he can't trust me to be home alone. I'm totally over reacting and making excuses.
    • Posted

Hi Paper!  Checking and hope you're doing well.  I have a terrible headache!  I mentioned my husband took me to work and picked me up yesterday and we were to have this plan to help me stay sober.  Him and his daughter (who is 19 and visiting for a month) picked me up at work and asked if I wanted to go to the movies.  I said we spent enough of money since she's been home.  So, knowing he wants to spend all the time he can with his daughter whom he hasn't seen in 4 years he chose to leave me unsupervised at home.  My feelings were so hurt.  I called my daughter so upset.  Let me tell you that this support system don't work for me. I hate calling people when I'm feeling down.  I cried alone for hours!  (reason for the headache) but it was something she texted me later that made me think.  Her boyfriend and her are not getting along and she said she's tired of coming 2nd to alcohol in his life.  Made me think I probably put alcohol before her when she was younger.  So, her and I are making plans to go away for a weekend over the 4th of July.  My husband can figure out what he wants to do as his daughter will still be home and although she's been here 2 weeks and was going to spend every night with us - last night was the only one because I am the one who said "I hope you plan on spending Father's Day with your dad" so here she is.  He is happy.  I am happy for him.  But, I am so disappointed in him!  Got another day of work coming.  I work afternoon shift.  Debating if I want to go to church alone with saggy eyes or not.

I haven't heard from you and I really hope you're doing O.K. Paper!

Praying that you're getting the much needed sleep you deserve and I'll hear from you today.

Many Blessings!!!

• Posted

Hi Kelly. So sorry I've not been there for you today. Will explain tomorrow. Sorry about your tears and disappointment yesterday. Hope you've had a better day today. Day 4 not drinking, not eating and not sleeping. Will chat in the morning. Sending you love and blessings 🙏Xxxxxxx
    • Posted

It's Ok Paper!  I realize stuff happens. Today was somewhat better.  Went to church alone.  Me and my husband still have tension between us.  My fault because I don't feel like talking.  I just got home from working 2nd shift.  I guess you could say I'm on day 5 since it's past midnight.  A bit worried about my day off and not having plans.  My daughter and I would like to get away together over the 4th of July just for some time together.  Maybe my plan will be to research somewhere nice to go.  

Hope you doing alright.  Sorry you're not eating or sleeping but I'm glad to hear you're not drinking.  

Are you taking any medication to help you with cravings?

Blessings!!!

• Posted

Love that Hope and Kelly and love that film too. The money you save on from not drinking will pay for that. You're in US I think ? As my niece runs a great stables in Bath xx
    • Posted

What state is Bath in?  It sounds like Pennsylvania which is where I am from.  But, might be quite the distance.

I just talked to a friend about riding horses and she said she has a great aunt who has a therapuedic riding place for mentally challenged kids.  I told her to look into it and that I'd be willing to volunteer as I also learn to ride.  

How are you doing paper?  I read something that made me think of you.  

"3 am is the hour of writers, poets, over thinkers, silent seekers, and creative people.  We know who you are.  We can see your light on.  Kee on keeping on!" 

Blessings!!!!

• Posted

Aww thanks for that quote Kelly . Sorry I'm in Uk and it's in Bath in Uk.,That friend sounds great tho, where you can volunteer. Go girl!!! Day 5. Still no appetite or sleep xxx
    • Posted

Aww,I've been to bath once and loved it.If was 21 years ago and I only had about 2 glasses of wine the whole weekend.

Oh wait,that's because I was 5 months pregnant 😞

• Posted

Didn't know they had a Bath in USA..lol xx
    • Posted

There is a Bath in the USA about 2 hours from me, lol.  

My friend said we'd be able to ride for free. I'm excited.

So glad to hear you're still sober.  I thought I'd drink on Saturday night but my daughter is having problems with her boyfriend drinking a lot and she said she's tired of his drinking and coming 2nd to alcohol.  Gave me something to think about as I never wanna put my kids 2nd to a toxic poisonous addiction again.

<3 hang in there! hang="" in="">

• Posted

Yes Nicole, it's  beautiful. Though I love where I live in north Derbyshire, Peak District, not far from Chatsworth House xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.