Making learning easier

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi wondered if anyone had any ideas how to make learning easier , ive found it very hard the last few months to take anything in , i need to do a lot of training updates for my job and every time i try and study i never take ot in , i get comfused if i read tpo much and read things the wtong way , spelling has became a nightmare and just overall remembering what ive just learned , as on going training is nessasery for work i wondered if anyone had anyways they have learned to take things in after having fibro , thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been struggling the same, I have had to go get reading glasses and I find when I have material that I play and hear I retain better then reading. I actually went to walk in as I was so stressed and they cam back telling my my crp is extremely high so we'll see if it contributes to Amy of this madness

• Posted

Hi , I know exactly where your coming from with this.I love reading and enjoy good TV Drama's but can't seem to follow a story line these days or take in the names of  characters.   Have always loved making crafts but tried last week and all I did was shake.  Its ridiculous how Fibro effects us all. My life seems to have changed so much over the last 2 years.  I do find being on this forum so helpful and people understanding.  

• Posted

Hi Sue, Yes can identify with this.  I can't recognise characters rather than forgetting names.  If it is a drama I want to watch I use catch up tv or boxed sets then I can watch at my own pace. I love detective stories and dramas but if you can't identify anyone it becomes somewhat of a lost cause!

• Posted

I have the same issues. Does anyone have a problem with writing? My hands have no strength or coordination
    • Posted

Hi, Denise what I write down is not what my mind is tellingto write if you understand wha I mean.  I type on my laptop convinced I have spelt something right and there is always some mistake. My handwriting is terrible and I always prided myself on it.
  • Posted

Know the problems well.  Even the most intelligent person can only take in 5 pieces of information during a training session, the rest is easily forgotten, so it is not just we fibro folk!   I learned that fact from someone who gives training for a living.   I have to do CPD (Continuing Personal Development) as part of my job and it is a nightmare having to do courses.  I find that I have to break things down into 10 minutes of study and write and re-write the notes to make it go into my brain. Some days are better than others. I have learned to accept it whilst not giving in to it. We have to use or lose our brains!   Learning to laugh when something comes out the wrong way helps - my colleagues now understand that if I say something strange it's the fibro talking!

• Posted

Thanks Sue, Can't say it has all been plain sailing though.   It took time for me to realise that I either embrace the new me or let it destroy me.  It was somewhat liberating to laugh when things go wrong and to admit when I needed to say "no" to something.   I use a scale with my friends and colleagues as to what sort of fibro day it is - 1 being almost normal (at least for me as I am known as a total oddball at the best of times!)and 10 being I won't be in work!!!   I need to use cups with lids (doesn't look so odd any more as so many have coffee on the go) as I spill things and drop things easily. Acceptance but not defeatist is the way forward for me.

• Posted

Like you Maggers, and this has only been over the last few months, I have realised that I have to live with and except the new me.  I found it very hard in the beginning and just wanted it to go away  it didn't but somehow I seem to be getting used this almost continulous pain.  It is hard when the pain is so bad that even the bed pressing against my body hurts the chair I sit on hurts.  I have realised that sometimes I need to push myself and I get through it but I also have to accept my limitations.

• Posted

I've heard that diet changes (such as going off common food sensitivities like gluten) can help clear up brain fog. Also, maybe some omega3 (fish or krill oil) would be helpful for the brain and nerves. Lowering stress is usually also good for memory problems.

• Posted

It's so hard isn't it just living with fibro. We manage to sort one problem and another pops up to take its place.

Going gluten free may help -  I am on gluten/additive/processed food free diet and I still get foggy days. Who knows they may be worse if I stopped the diet but as we know fibro is individual to us all. Lowering stress would be good for everyone fibro sufferers or not. It would be great if we could all lead stress free lives. Perhaps we should start another thread on what makes us happy!

• Posted

For sure, Maggers.

I went off gluten about 6 weeks ago (completely off). After a couple days I noticed healthy changes in my guts (IBS etc) and that's continued to today. A week in and I noticed some reduction in my pain levels, and maybe a bit of reduction in my twitching as well. Like you I've still got fog, but I also think it would be worse on the gluten, as I know what it does to the intestines and nervous system. Definitely not a "fad diet" as many assume, the science is backing it up now! Even in totally healthy people (whatever that means) gluten causes unhealthy changes in the body, and isn't nutritionally significant, so we could all use less (or none at all). Too bad some of the tastiest foods are loaded with it... heh.

Good point about stress. Definitely a big part of fibro.

• Posted

When it came to remembering tv actors , what shopping I needed , and various other things I never had a problem , but now it sometimes is a struggle , taking info in causes me a problem , wether its because I am not fully concentrating  or I just shut off , dont relly know why , stress I know doesnt help, its hard when you know you use to be able to do it well

Hope you all have a good week , have to visit the Dr next week after my blood tests , I reckon he is going to suggest statins !!!!!!!!!

Love to all xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

We can all relate 😬

• Posted

Certainly can relate.

Sometimes my mind wanders and

Sometimes it leaves altogetherlol

• Posted

Today was a bad day

I couldn't even talk I felt like I was in outer space 👽

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.