Malfunction of SCS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello too everyone!!! Could someone plz tel me if the scs is for failed back surgeries, chronic back pain, or any other health problems. Thx n advance...Joy.... Best of health too all

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am starting my trial Thursday and it is for a failed back surgery and chronic pain. I am getting the newest Medtronic and the Dr said that using the high frequency can control the pain in the back and legs the trial will tell.
  • Posted

Keep in mind Joy, people who aren't happy with their unit are far more likely to seek out message boards to complain or find other people with their same problems than are people who are happy.  So, you are of course going to find more horror stories on here than you will success.  I happen to be a great success and a moderate to minimal success ( yes I allowed them to put two of them in my body, one for my low back and legs, one for my neck).  I am ever so happy with the St. Jude Burst Mode in my back.  If I could go back, I would put a second one in my neck. I have a Nevro in my neck that we are in the process of doing a major re-programming on that has not really impressed me.  All of my neck muscles are so irritated and upset they are in a constant state of contraction, you can reach out and grab them.  They HURT and the Nevro just can't relax them.  However, I am telling you that you should in the very least go for a trial of some spinal cord stimulator. They do work and for some of us they work so very well.

• Posted

I agree with allaroundanne Joy, the device DID get rid of my pain but I was just unlucky that my body didn’t accept it well.  I do not regret having it at all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.