Man vs GA

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone as I posted on the other thread after some great advice from members on here and some in depth research I'm going to tackle the Paleo Immune diet.. or Paleo AIP as seeps to be also known as..

I think its the only thing that can help for me anyway.. after trying lots of different things (see my other post)

Im going to see if I can attach some photos on here so people can see what level the GA is for me at starting this diet.. then will update more pics as it hopefully starts to fade.

If anyone else is interested in giving this a go if you PM me your email address I can send you the info that I've got ebooks etc.

I've decided to start this today.. been shopping got all the right stuff.. had to throw out a load of bad stuff to fit it all in.. lets hope the kids dont miss them too much haha... tomato sauce is overrated anyways wink

No alcohol is going to be challenging as Jay was saying yesterday he likes a drink and drinks more than average person.. I'm the same I'm in the habit of drinking a bottle of red wine every night and it doesnt even get me drunk I drink it not to get drunk but just force of habit.. so that habit is going the distance and even if the GA doesnt clear up completely I'll be a million times healthier.

Ginger and lemon tea it is then.... cool

6 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi John

thank you for sharing your info and photos. My marks are much bigger and I have so many. I feel desperate. Please send me the diet info. I will willingly give up the wine if I can look nice again. 

Erika

• Posted

Hi Erika.. send me a PM with your emil address and I'll send over the info I've got
  • Posted

Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have yet to try diet change so am very interested to see how it goes for you.

I tried Plaquenil and prednisone and I am here to report that is not the way to go. My GGA went away but my immune system was so suppressed I got shingles! I stopped taking the Plaquenil and the GGA is back of course.

I am going to ask for ROM therapy next. I will post the outcome.

Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi... thats bad news with the shngles.. thats why I want to try and crack this wihout the use of any drugs.. I'v tried prednislene and it did nothing for me.

However maybe the ROM therapy may be the answer for you.. good luck.. 

I'll keep everyone updated wth my progress with the diet as I go..

• Posted

Please do keep us updated on your progress.  I am very much interested .   smile

~Michelle

• Posted

What is ROM therapy?  I am currently on Plaquenil and Minocycline, have been on it now for one month. Doc said it could take up to 3 mos to see any progress. Light therapy made mine worse.  sad
    • Posted

Hi! It took 3 months for the Plaquenil to kick in but it works! Interesting you are taking the minocycline with it. ROM is a 3 antibiotic combination used to treat a particular form of leprosy. If you follow my old posts I think I added a link with the study on ROM which was done in India. The minocycline is the "M" in ROM. You have a smart doctor it looks like he/she is thinking outside of te box which I like.

As I mentioned my GGA was 95% clear from the Plaquenil but I got shingles and freaked out.

I am seeing another new doctor next week I will ask for the ROM (sorry I don't remember which antibiotics the R and O stand for.

I will certainly post and let you know. Hang in there the Plaquenil will clear you up, however, the underlying problem causing it will remain. Poo! I may be the only one here who doesn't think it is associated with food but I still don't know. I am thinking it is a dormant bacteria hence the success with ROM.

Good luck and let's find a CURE for this it's ugly!

Julie : )

• Posted

Day 1 done and dusted, so far so good.. After only having a banana for lunch (my fault didn't go shopping till later) dinner tonight was roast chicken, then I boiled up some brussels sprouts, kale, carrots and leeks and stir fried them in the chicken juices with scallions, mushrooms and garlic.. Very tasty!

Lack of wine no problemo at this stage of be worried if it was lol

• Posted

Hi John.

if you could send me the diet, I would be so grateful, as I have suffered for 13years.

i tried a few things medically, nothing works.

have tried Silk Argan Oil found that worked, but I still get flare ups, and now I am worried it I think it might start on my forehead as I have a few little limps that are itchy.  They are in different parts of my head and get very itchy when I get stressed, which is pretty often.

i would be very grateful.   I hope it works for you.

thanking you,

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi.. I had one start on my forehead but it went away on its own pretty quicky somehow.. I wish the others would

I'll PM you info about the diet

Jonnie

• Posted

Hi Johnnie

Well done so far!  Let me know if you want any recipes, I tried lots of them from my lovely P***o book which I don't seem to be allowed to mention here.  My family couldn't believe what delicious treats I was serving up for the "30 day" eating plan (not allowed to call it by its name) - I also recorded most of my meals with photos, and posted some of those on facebook to my P***o friends.  All were totally yummy and a delight to the tastebuds.  I didn't miss the alcohol, took 2 days to get used to no coffee, no eggs took a couple of days to get used to as well, but it's all been pretty sublime and enjoyable. Food has never tasted so good!  I don't know where you are in the UK but in North London there are lots of outlets which sell P***o friendly ingredients.

Had a look at your pics.  Your first one is what the GA looked like on my elbow before I embarked on the Auto Immune diet.  Now it's hardly there, I can still see it just a tiny bit, but it's faded so much it's a shadow of its former self.

Best wishes

Sally

• Posted

Hey Sally.. thanks its going ok.. so far so good.. left over chicken from last night with the vegetables was a different breakfast today then had a pork mince burger/patty going on with salad for lunch..

I've got a couple of the books with recipes in, that one you mentioned to me and another one so once I run outta ideas I'll be giving those recipes a go but yeah all good so far and thanks for telling me all about it 

Jonnie

• Posted

Day 3... Its a miracle all the GA has gone!!........ Damn.. I'm dreaming again haha

I can definately see a difference in the horrible ring on my hand its flatter for the first time ever... and thats only after 3 days so thats promising.. 

Diet wise I'm having no problems with it so far at all.. I thought it would be trickier than it is to be fair especially no alcohol but I think once you set your mind to it and accept thats what you are doing then it becomes easier.

Quick overview of the culinary delights I experienced today...

Breakfast - Sausage patty (pork mince formed into a patty) with fried mushrooms and shallots.... good thing is about this diet is the fats you use are ones you may not normally think you should eat... beef dripping,.. lard.. goose fat ect..

Snack - Frozen banana - Peel banana put in cling film or freezer bag in freezer.. its like banana ice cream!

Lunch - Chicken soup made from bones of roast chicken with leeks, carrots, onions and chicken meat

Dinner - Pan fried cod fillets in coconut oil and lemon with my version of the good ol British classic bubble and squeak... (sweet potato, swede, carrots, cauliflower, brocolli, brussel sprouts, kale all boiled up then mashed together with some organic onion granules then fried till slightly crispy)

Drinks - Water (lots of) and Lemon and ginger tea

So far so good...

• Posted

Brilliant!  You're inspiring me to get going again.  Started the day with fresh lemon and ginger. Today I had mackerel and salad for breakfast, cup of bone broth (from leftovers of whole chicken - pressure cooked for 2 hours) a paleo snack bar for lunch, a plate of salad, and now just about to have oven baked trout, with roasted roots and broccoli.  Pudding - blueberries with some coconut kefir over the top. 
    • Posted

Sounds great Sally.. yeah that chicken bone broth is really nice.. I did mine in the slow cooker for about 15 hours then in the pan with the veg for 45 mins

I'll try some sort of fish for breakfast soon, I think its a case of getting the idea of what breakfast is supposed to be out my head.. like the usual foods such as bacon, eggs, cereal or toast 

• Posted

1 Week gone on the Paleo Autoimmune diet and still going strong, its right what people who do or have done this diet say and that is you do feel amazing in yourself..

I didnt do this diet to lose weight however 1 week ago I was 12 stone 12 pounds.. (180lbs) which at 5' 9" could do with losing a bit, I do exercise regularly but like alot of people who drink wine/beer too often got a bit of a beer belly.. and today I am 12 stone 2 pounds (170lbs) a loss of 10 lbs and I am eating absoulutley loads.

Not seeing any major differences in the GA as yet but it is very early days, as they say its a marathon not a sprint... smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.