Man vs GA

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone as I posted on the other thread after some great advice from members on here and some in depth research I'm going to tackle the Paleo Immune diet.. or Paleo AIP as seeps to be also known as..

I think its the only thing that can help for me anyway.. after trying lots of different things (see my other post)

Im going to see if I can attach some photos on here so people can see what level the GA is for me at starting this diet.. then will update more pics as it hopefully starts to fade.

If anyone else is interested in giving this a go if you PM me your email address I can send you the info that I've got ebooks etc.

I've decided to start this today.. been shopping got all the right stuff.. had to throw out a load of bad stuff to fit it all in.. lets hope the kids dont miss them too much haha... tomato sauce is overrated anyways wink

No alcohol is going to be challenging as Jay was saying yesterday he likes a drink and drinks more than average person.. I'm the same I'm in the habit of drinking a bottle of red wine every night and it doesnt even get me drunk I drink it not to get drunk but just force of habit.. so that habit is going the distance and even if the GA doesnt clear up completely I'll be a million times healthier.

Ginger and lemon tea it is then.... cool

6 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

John, thanks for posting and keeping us up to date. Your hand picture is identical to how mine looked at first, then two larger circles appeared on the same hand and one is continuing to grow. I am under stress lately and have not cut back on the caffeine or alcohol, I am sure this is not helping so I just need to stop! Are the other pictures your arms or legs? I hope mine does not spread any more than it has.
  • Posted

Hi everyone.. quick update on my progress.. Approaching the end of week 7 on the Autoimmune diet.. I haven't cheated food wise once havent touched any gluten..sugar or anything I shouldnt have.. Have had some red wine last week or two but can safely say my GA looks absolutely no different whatsoever.

I know it takes a bit of time some people say you dont start seeing any results until month 3 but to be fair you would have thought they'd be at least starting to fade a little by now, the only bonus is I lost 1 and a half stone and am now my perfect weight.

I will continue with it as I'm completely used to the food as I dont crave anything at all now so don't find it hard to stick to apart from the odd bit of red wine which I didnt touch for the first month anyway.

Will keep you all updated smile

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you so much for the update.  The food thing didn't make sense to me because I have eaten the same things my entire life.  Why would GA hit me at 53 because of what I eat?  Hey, did you have a chance to review the link I sent out relating to Borrelia or another bacteria being a cause?  I don't know if I have had a tick bite in my past and GA symptoms aren't nearly as bad as lyme but I think you can get the bacteria through open wounds too and being an outdoors woman, I could have picked something up from another bite, or an open wound.  What are your thoughts?  Thanks!

• Posted

Hi there,

It is interested about Borrelia and am seeing my doctor Tuesday morning to get tested. I will get back to everyone with the results. 

Cheers,

Carole

• Posted

Be very careful there is a special way the testing has to be done I think the link I posted or a link attached to that link shows how.   Also, I have read that the bacteria is very illusive, if it is in it's "hibernating" phase it won't show up.  Please let me know what happens as I have yet to be tested.  My dermatologist was not knowledgable so he was going to meet with an infectious disease doctor he knows and also bring it up at a conference he was attending then discuss with me at my next visit.  Thank you for your reply!
  • Posted

Hey John,

I just did the whole shopping thing too today.  I have doing recipes from the aip 28 day ebooks.  Some are good some are just plain tasteless.  Mostly the batch crockpot vege and meat stew and the whole chicken.  But there are soo many recipes out there it makes you dizzy.  FYI Pintrest is fabulous.And look for "85 Amazing AIP Breakfasts"  As a guy you'll like those includes meats.

I have those spots all over me.  Hoping this will work.  You should also go to a Functional Medical Physician.  They will run a full blood panel, celiac, nutrieval which is a food sensitivity test, saliva test, Poop test.  They look at treating the whole body. 

Peace

Nicole

Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi everyone

So I did the AIP for the whole of January and have more or less stuck with it since although have reintroduced a few things, had the odd bit of dark organic chocolate and probably a couple of glasses of wine.  I feel incredibly well, have lost weight and adapted really easily to the way of eating.

There is still some GA around so I decided to do the Hair Analysis test that several people have mentioned.  Horrors! I discovered I've currently got intolerances to Cucumber, Avocado, Mackerel, Rose Hip Tea, Strawberry and Thyme all things I consume regularly.  A bit strange as is an intolerance to Mutton (I've been a virtual Pescarian for over 30 years! Maize I'm not surprised about, Soya Bean (don't touch it anyway) and Mould Cheese (don't touch).  Anyway I'm cutting those things out for a few weeks to see if they make any difference.  I've got a very high level of lead in my system - not surprising as I live in an old house in London - all the traffic pollution plus all the lead piping.  I do filter my water but seems not effectively enough.  Suprisingly medium levels of dental amalgam - I had the whole lot removed about 7 years ago. very low levels of Aluminium (not surprising as all my pots and pans are stainless steel or glass).  Sadly low levels of Gold :-) Also deficient in Vit A, C and B5 and glad to see Vit D not on the list as I take a sub-lingual spray daily.  Back to the drawing-board and will start supplementing more.

In terms of the idea that GA is caused by a bacteria.  Interesting, I'd go along with the idea that if your gut bactera is out of balance and you've got any overgrowth of bad bacteria i.e. candida then all sorts of symptoms arise, especially skin ones so I think the food route for me anyway is an obvious one.  Also interested to hear about the chinese herbs.  I am going to stick to the AIP for now with a focus on healing the gut - I do have diminished GA but not clear yet and I don't want to chop and change around without giving it a really good go - will probably aim for 6 months.

Cheers everyone

Sally

• Posted

Some interesting points made there thanks for the replies, has anyone tried the candida diet?.. I eat alot of the foods you're not allowed on that diet such as mushrooms, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, pork.. drink lots of decaf green tea as well, I think that diet would be 10 times harder than the AIP one for me anyway.. my hair analysis test results showed I was intollerant to Aspergillus Niger whch is a black mould that appears on fruit, vegetables and nuts, maybe I shouldnt be eating mushrooms anyway?.. Its a bit of a minefield all of this!

ps I cheated last night and had some bread butter and marmite and a packet of cheese and onion walkers crisps.. not good woke up with a pain in my stomach so won't be doing that again!

• Posted

Hi everyone.. 

Still eating relatively strick to this diet and not seen any change worth shouting about..

Have you all seen the page on facebook dedicated to GA?

If i try and post the link my post will probably be deleted but just do a search for it on there and you will see it.

Started red light therapy today as they are raving about it on there so theres a tanning salon near me that has one of these so going to give that a go, had first session today for 15 minutes.

Apparently it takes 3-6 weeks to see improvement but as it aint exactly hard work standing there getting glowed I'll give it try.. also not expensive either only £25 for 100 mins, I'm going to do 15 minute sessions 4 times a week for 4 weeks then drop to 3 for 4 weeks then 2 for 4 weeks.. will keep you posted on how it goes

The before and after pics on the GA facebook page look promising so fingers crossed.

Has anyone else tried this?

• Posted

Hi John Charles thank you for the update. I looked for the Facebook page and found a bunch of them. None speaking about red light therapy? I will do some research on it.

I have taken my 3rd course of ROM antibiotic therapy and have no results yet. I have two months to go. My doctor went to a dermatology convention and says he is quite sure GA is caused by bacteria, he added a 2 weeks of doxycycline. So, I will post again in two months!

Good luck to you : )

• Posted

Hi John I have GA and it's horrible.  I have the type that itches.  Stick with the clean eating diet.  I have been doing for about 10 months.  It took 6 months to see any results.  I had all over my body and it was so itchey .  Tried creams, steroids,methotrexate,  nothing worked until diet.  Don't give up I know it's hard but so much better then itching or walking around with a rash all over my body.. keep up the pay off is good.  I still have on certain parts of body but not as bad and not all over.  Good luck keep on posting its very helpful to others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.