Mandatory reconsideration

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have been awarded higher rate care and standard mobility but have put in a mandatory reconsideration, I called today to ask how it's going to be told they've sent a letter out yesterday, I asked if they could tell me the outcome but they said they can't access the letter only tell me it's been sent, do they normally tell you over the phone the outcome? I have a sinking feeling that since they didn't tell me I've not succeeded, can anyone tell me if it's normal for them to say they can't access the letter? Kindest wishes

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Marie, the reason is probably because the decision is on a different computer system and it hasn't yet transfered to all the systems. This happened to me last week and doens't mean it's bad news. It simply means they can't see it yet. Try ringing again tomorrow and i'm sure they'll be able to tell you the decision. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Thanks Denise, I will do, I just get stressed and thought it must be bad news, I'll be sure to let you know x

• Posted

Hi Marie hope you don't mind me asking how long has it taken for your mandatory review?

• Posted

Thank you 😊 I sent mine in 12 days ago but I've since seen my consultant and now I have futher evidence to support my case do you think its too late to send it in? xx

• Posted

If the extra evidence relates to your original claim then you can try sending it. If it doesn't then you won't be able to send it as evidence.

• Posted

Yes it relates to what I was awarded pip for but shows my diagnosis is worse than they thought 😏 xx

• Posted

A change of diagnosis is fine but does it support the mobility descriptors that you are relying on?
    • Posted

Yes les it does it shows that its a lot more advanced than they thought but as I sent my mandatory review in almost 2 weeks ago but I wondered if it was too late to send this new evidence...thank you x
    • Posted

Just checking - PIP is not about a diagnosis but is all to do with proving how your life is affected by the condition.
    • Posted

Sorry les yes its to do with the mobility part of my claim it seems my mobility is going to be a lot worse and plans they had to operate have been shelved at present because of my age so its a case of getting on with it now x
    • Posted

I'm not prying but is it to do with the spine?

?If it is I am in the same boat. They wanted to operate on my spine but just 15mins before going down to theatre they realised that I have to take anti blood clotting drugs. They told me that this should have been noted earlier as any bleed into the spinal cavity would see me in a wheel chair permanently!

?Now I am not suitable for surgery and just have to put up with the pain.

• Posted

Your mobility is "going to be a lot worse" so you're saying it's not worse now but could be in the future? Les is also right, PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's about how your condition affects you in daily life. If this evidence states your mobility has become worse it's worth sending it in, however bear in mind that letters can take more then 1 week to reach them (if they get there at all, which often happens with DWP) Good luck smile

• Posted

I need a double hip replacement and also spinal surgery but they say it could make my back worse and now my new consultant won't even consider doing my hips bit to be fair I can see his point im only 43....so now I just have to get on with it 😏

• Posted

Hi Denise yes my mobility isn't good now but I was hoping for some relief from surgery but that's not going to happen anytime soon 😏 I always send anything to them next day signed for delivery...then there's no arguing x

• Posted

Good on you!!

I didn't when I sent them two letters. They denied receiving either one of them and assumed that they had either not been written or posted.

?Because of that fact, that is why I lost the right to claim PIP and had my DLA award shut down - they said that I had not co-operated with them.

• Posted

Ive had dealings with the tax office before saying they've not received this that and the other so I learnt from experience 😐 surely there is something that you can do?

• Posted

Nope nothing. I had my MP involved and they wrote back to him saying that as they had no record of either letter being received they could only come to the conclusion that I may have thought that I had written them when in fact I hadn't.

?They cited that even if I could prove that they had been posted it does not follow that they were received. If I am certain that they were posted then I should contact the Post Office and not the DWP.

?What annoys me is that if and when they turn up over the next say 6 months would I expect them to be in contact with me? No not a chance - the letters will quietly disappear in the Confidential Waste sack!

?So a hopeless case that can never be won. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.