Mandatory reconsideration

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have been awarded higher rate care and standard mobility but have put in a mandatory reconsideration, I called today to ask how it's going to be told they've sent a letter out yesterday, I asked if they could tell me the outcome but they said they can't access the letter only tell me it's been sent, do they normally tell you over the phone the outcome? I have a sinking feeling that since they didn't tell me I've not succeeded, can anyone tell me if it's normal for them to say they can't access the letter? Kindest wishes

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

They can tell you as they can read it from their screens.

Good luck

Pam x

• Posted

Hi all, no letter arrived today and the anticipation was too much so I bit the bullet and called them, the gent said I have been awarded the higher rate mobility and my letter is in the post, I think I'll believe it when the letter comes but fingers crossed x

• Posted

That's great news. Well done on having the decision over turned at MR stage. This doesn't often happen. Are you getting the car you the motability? I ordered mine last Thursday and now waiting a date for collection. Hoping it's not too long.

• Posted

Hi Denise, not really sure what to do, we have a car but I've said we will look into a new one especially one that would be easier for me to get in/out of, I'm just so relieved as this illness really impacts on my life and I was so very upset with the assessor as he said in my home how bad my mobility was and yet wrote something completely different, I just can't wait to receive the letter so I know it's truly official, I'm so glad you got it, what car did you go for?

• Posted

I also needed one that's easy to get in/out of. I test drove a few and also did quite alot of research on those petitcular cars and others too. In the end i went for the suzuki vitara auto, great to drive, extremely comfy to sit in, which was really important to me. Also the down payment wasn't that me either for the extras i get with it. Didn't need and adaptions, so hoping it won't take long. Dealers told me the car has been allocated to them, so just waiting delivery :D

• Posted

Fantastic news, we looked at a few but undecided to what to do, just glad it's all over with for now, my head now focuses on the next assessment in 2years as this has been so hard, anyway time to focus and try to adapt to my new way of life, thanks for al your advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.