Manual manipulation under anathesia

Posted , 11 users are following.

This group has been so helpful to me.  However, I saw my surgeon on Thursday and he's not satisfied that my surgical leg will not lie flat.  He wants me to put me under and manipulate my leg and start PT all over again.  Evidently there is scar tissue that he wants to try to break up.  I'm just beginning to feel myself again...I'm 3 months out.  I need your suggestions as to whether I can get it back over a period of time with continuing my exercises and water aerobics or whether I should let him manipulate my leg.  Won't breaking up scar tissue just create more scar tissue?  I'm still stiff but able to function almost normally.  I confess I'm scared about the manipulation.  Any help knowledge or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this decision by next week.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I completely understand your stress. My rtkr was 4/19/17 and my rom is just now at 110. My OS wants me to be at least at 120 and wants to do an MUA if I'm not at 120 by next week. I have read lots of negative and positive and it is totally stressing me out. Good luck making your decision. I still don't know what I'm going to do. 

• Posted

I still have not made a firm decision either.  I pray we both make the right one!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.