Manuka Honey

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

Just want to post on here.

That manuka Honey Helps my Acid Reflux.i take a spoon full before I go to bed and it sooths the Osophiguas and helps the tummy.

It is expensive, but for those who live in the UK Holland and barratt have an offer on at the moment.

Buy one get one for 1p.

It's worth a try

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it does, I also believe it helps with SIBO if you take 15-20+ from New Zealand.
    • Posted

Iv ordered 15+ and 18+ I have lapsed with taking it and I can telthe difference. It's expensive that's why iv put it on here thatH&B have it on offer. Got 4 coming so should keeping me going for awhile

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I got the Manuka honey yesterday on offer as you said I got the 20+ not sure if it is a bit to high had 2 spoonfuls yesterday one in the afternoon and one before I went to bed and spent this moring on the loo but it certainly eased the reflux I wont give up maybe just have 1 spoonful  today.

L.

• Posted

Hi Linda. 

Good on you for trying it, if it helps one person iv told, I'm happy.

yes prob only have one spoonful a day at the moment. 

I take mine before going to bed because it's my worst time for getting reflux.

hope your tummy gets used to it, and it helps the acid reflux.

let me know how you get on with it.

J. 

• Posted

Yes, I've learned that baking soda helps me with my reflux. Take a tablespoon of baking soda and it soothes the pain and discomfort.

• Posted

Iv never dare try baking soda.

Tried apple cider vinegar but that didn't agree with me.

So that's why I went for manuka honey. Seems to help.

• Posted

What would be an equal to that honey sold here in the US, do you know?
    • Posted

Hi.

It's a honey thats produced in New Zealand,

Think that's why it's so expensive over here.

The higher the number the better it is for you. Google it, and it

tell you all the benifits of taking it.

Interesting read

• Posted

Yes, it has antibiotic benefits with no side effects.  IT has to be from New Zealand 15+ or more, the higher the stronger.  10+ good for maintenance.

You can get it at amazon but like Julie said is very expensive.

• Posted

Thanks Julie,

I can't believe I have been struggling these past few weeks with a flare up tried all the usual things, I knew about the benefits of Manuka honey but for some reason it slipped my mind, I amoff to H&B tomorrrow.

L.

• Posted

My sister just mentioned that Manuka Honey, Where would I find some at?
    • Posted

Hi.

amazon...eBay....

Holland and Barrett...free delivery if in U.K. 

if you google it it will come up with other places to buy it. 

It tastes nice too. 

• Posted

I have mine last thing at night so it's not getting watered down.

also if you want to sooth the oesophagous put it on a bit of bread it slides down slower coating iv read somewhere. ?? 

It may take a week to notice the difference. 

Keep me posted on how you get on 

• Posted

Julie, just noticed most MH on that site does not say UMF.  It does say active ingredient 15-20-24+ But they are not certified UMF 15-20-24+  Just my 2 cents. ;-) 
    • Posted

You can see the difference in price from a regular 15+ and UMF 15+.   Right now the UMF 15+ cost me $89.87 US Dollar at that site (with shipping) Which is almost $45 for one bottle. I pay $42 in amazon for the same, free shipping with prime. If you get free shipping then is a god deal for you, as for me is not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.