Married and not had sex in 4 years. My wife has NO sex drive.

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but any advice would be great.

I am 31 years old I have been married to my wife who is 30 for 6 year and we have not had sex in 4 years. She has NO sex drive what-so-ever. I want to have sex with my wife but she has absolutely no interest. She never gets horny, she never wants to be touched, and she refuses to even let me touch her. We can’t hold hands, hug or kiss. She will hug and kiss our kids but not me.

This start as soon as she got pregnant with our 2nd child. I thought it was just a pregnant thing and I was ok with it, but 4 year on and she is the same. The hardest part is that we are young and I don’t know if I can spent my whole life not having sex, but the only person I want to have sex with is my wife.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So you think you have it rough, unfortunatly I have it worse. There has been very little sex with my wife since we had our second son 23 years ago. I think at this point I have not had sex in 10 years I am not sure. She refuses to take any hormones and if she ever does feel the need she will just take care of it by herself. I have lived with very little sleep and frustration constantly for the entire time. I have talked to our Dr about it and he says to take care of it by masturbation but I find that just makes me angry. Kind of like having your own car and still haveing to hitch hike in the rain. I have lost such an important part of my life! It sometimes makes me hate her! It is so upsetting that is why I am posting on here with anonimity now. I just feel like talking to someone about it. We had a run in with it this morning and I can't even look at her. I hate it! Something that should bring pleasure now literaly makes me feel sick. I don't know what to give you for advice geek but I thought I would share the long term effects of it.

• Posted

23 years ago is quite a significant time. How do you do it? My wife refuses hormone therapy as well. I do my absolute best to be a good husband. I just don't get it. 

• Posted

Scott

How do you do it you ask? Well not very well. I am sure this will take years off of my life. Like an itch you can never seem to scratch.

• Posted

Oh I forgot to add that I take care of myself physically and am reasonably nice looking. I am not a taker but a pleasure giver. We did go to counseling in the past but she did not like what she heard so she would not go back.
  • Posted

I am in the same boat. My wife has absolutely no libido left when it comes to me. Every once in a great while, her libido will go up and she'll be in the mood but I ALWAYS have to be the one to initiate anything. My wife is 55 but is still a very good looking woman. She looks much younger. I am 45 and still desire her quite a bit. However I don't feel that we are on the same page when it comes to the desire we should have for one another. I have been with her for a total of 6 years but have been married a little over a year. In the beginning, everything was amazing. She'd do anything that all men crave, including me. I often think of the movie, She's not that in to you and think that maybe she is not in to me anymore. It really hurts to think that way but my spiritual being tells me that maybe it's time to part ways. Our communication is still very well intact but she seems to bring up more about her past sex life with her ex husband more so than considering it with me. She loves to hold hands and she seems happy, which I am too, but the lack of sex is driving a wedge between us. 

• Posted

To the guys, that sexy vibrant woman is still there,it's likely you that has changed. In very general terms, you need to get with her on an emotional level, and for you a physiological level. In other words, you need to treat her like you did when you first dating, and do things that she wants to do. At the same time, you need to be the MAN of the house, women like strong men. Think it through and act on these things and that woman that loved loving you will return. Trust me, in a lot of cases it's not her or her sex drive!

• Posted

Well Jay that would work for the average woman but my wife is far from average.
  • Posted

Just remember when a women says no I'm having no more sex, that's it its finished for her.

Just tie a knot in your penis as it wont get used anymore with her, sad but true.

• Posted

If I was younger and my wife said sex is done, I'd leave her. 

• Posted

Sorry mate but its a fact of life, but you would have to do what you do, you either accept her or you leave her, but then she is your partner in more that just sex, or is she just your sex machine, think about it?

• Posted

Maybe so Howard but she is your partner in all things which includes sex. If she makes attempt to fix the problem the her partner has to decide whether to the rest of his life without sex or find someone that is sexually compatablie. I know and often say " nfor better or worse" but she has to be willing to at least try and fix the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.