marsupialization surgery

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello everyone

Anyone did marsupialization surgery....

I want to tell me how much is that hard??

did you have to rest 2weeks or more???

Is walking hard after this surgery?????

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I had my marsipulisation done a couple of days ago after 2 unsuccessful word catheters. So far I feel OK, I'm on antibiotics to prevent infection. But I feel a little worried because I feel a little bump. I wonder if it's due to swelling and whether it will settle or whether the cyst is still there!

I wonder if anyone else felt a little bump shortly after the surgary, and whether it settled or stayed!

• Posted

how did you find your recovery after marsupilization compared to the word catheter?

I've had 2 word catheter procedures now and both times i have been in pain for at least a week and unable to sit down for 2 weeks until the catheter was removed.

The doctor has suggested that should my cyst return i would need to have marsupilozation. I'm terrified as i don't what to expect for the recovery period and how painful it will be in comparison to word catheter?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.