Marsupilization experiences

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, just wondered if anyone who has had this procedure could tell me how the recovery was?

Had it worked? How big was the hole that is left? How long after before you were able to drive? How was the pain afterward?

It's looking like I need to have this done as nothing is shifting my cyst and it's getting so big and uncomfortable now that it needs doing!

And experience stories would be great!

Many thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone. I just posted about marsupialization aftercare. I'm really nervous but I'm not sure if I should or need to be... I had the op done on 12th June and a week later it got infected and now I'm taking antibiotics. I'm just fed up of being at home on the sofa and wanted to know how long it took other people to recover and get out and about again. I am in no pain, just discomfort, mainly due to the swelling from the infection. Any words of comfort would be great- I am very nervous and worried. It didn't help that I had a horrible doctor changing my packing telling me "it doesn't hurt that much". I'm in Spain and they say you cannot submerge the wound while it's healing so sitz baths are out of the question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.