massive mucas & saliva build up

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, Had my first band fill two weeks ago not sure how much fill i had as they didnt tell me, i can still eat quite a lot if i choose the right foods. last week i had my first sicky moment i put this down to eating to fast and not enough chewing but it stopped me in my tracks after just a few bites i threw the lot in the bin. but i was still left feeling hungrey so had a bag of crisp instead at least i know i can tolorate bad foods but i was desparate and hungrey and needed a quick fix lol. Then  a few days later i ate a tiny bit of food the next thing i was in pain like the food was stuck like i swallowed a massive lump of meat that wouldent go down very painfull i began bringing up lots of froffy stringey mucus saliva i was acctually blowing massive bubbles but it felt good and the pain of food being stuck went away. How weird and bizzar. i was in robbins hoods bay today and my partner bought us both a fish t cack so i sat my self down and took tiny small bites after a few bites i got that food stuck feeling again that immediately stopped me in my tracks again i was rather angrey at this point i was starving and wanted this fish buttie but it wasent happening and found me giving it to my partner who i may add quickly grabbed it off me as it did cost £5. i was in pain again and just wanted to wrench up but all that came up was loads of mucas and soliva. if any body has visited robbin hoods bay you will know it is busy with people popping out of every nook & cranny you have no peace and all i wanted was 5 mins to wrench my guts up in piece. NOT HAPPENING. good job i have 2 dogs in tow as i ended up using there doggie bags to puke in i got to the point i wasnt botherd if people saw me i deeded to be sick and this went on for a good hour. please tell me this is normal behaviour and is there any way to over come this most embarrassing time ever. Thank you jackie

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

if you get something well and truelly stuck take a rally big swig of very fizzy pop - make sure you are standing over the sink cos the result can be messy and quite spectacular - almost like a fountain - and it will be uncomfortable - and it might come down your nose - but if you are desparate and you have not been able to shift it by natural PBing then this might well be the remedy to your problem - i keep  a small tin of tonic water in my cupbrd for this reason cos i find tinned pop more fizzy than bottled pop - and once a bottle is open it tends to go flat in any case - fortunately i have only had to resort to this tactic about 3 times in 8 yrs so it really is just a last resort - but i is a tip worth remembering for an emergency blockage
  • Posted

Hi Bandid thank you for your info i will stock up on a fwe cans just in case [touch wood} im going for my 2nd fill this morning and going to ask how much fill im having as when i asked having my first fill i was told its irrelevent as every body is different so never found out but i am curious and would like to know so i will rty asking again today.
  • Posted

i think its only natural to want to know how much you have in your band - we know everyone is different but whats wrong in wanting to know what is going on inside your own body -  good luck with yr 2nd fill - ask if there are any do's and don'ts in the next few days cos some fill providors advise liquids only for a day or 2 or even a week - take things easy cos what was ok before might be a bit iffy from now on - whole new learning curve with each fill - 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.