Matron?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone spoken to Matron lately? I just tried to private message her but I couldn't as it was "disabled" (?)

I hope you are okay if you are reading this & there hasn't been a repeat of recent problems. Xx

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes such a shame she has gone, I've just read the thread. So unnecessary really as she was always so reassuring and knowledgeable. Maybe she was a little old school NHS sometimes but so what. Hopefully she will reconsider?? Maybe the moderator could persuade her???

• Posted

Hi All,

I've been on holiday and catching up but see 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/bleeding-7-weeks-post-op-535176?page=0#2324109

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan,

Please ask Matron to come back, even though we have the 'helpful resources' it is not the same as having direct advise from Matron which can be more specific to individual needs.

Please tell her that their will always be 1% of people who are critical of others but that 99% of the people are lovely human being who like ourselves realize that while none of us are perfect we do our best to support one another, and make allowances for each other.

The work you are all doing on this site is so important and we all appreciate it so much.

While I will read and consider other comments and gain invaluable advice from other patients, I think this knowledge supports and clarifies the most important advice which always comes from Matron herself.

While I do realized that it must be emotionally draining when the 1% are critical and argumentative, I do hope that Matron will reconsider and return to the forum.

Many thanks Alan for letting us all know what happened and I am sorry I missed the discussion when it happened. I was in a bit of a downer and was avoiding the forum as i hate being negative, anyway have since been back on and we saddened to hear that Matron was away.

I thought she would be working in the background and that is good to know but I do hope she returns to forum after a little break.

Phyl 💖💖💖

• Posted

I also want her back! She sent a private reply to my problem, because she cares! 

PLEASE COME BACK MATRON.    We all miss you. 

• Posted

She'll be back, she has a tendency to disappear when she gets a bee in her bonnet & comes back when she has calmed down. Its best ignored, she'll come back when she feels it has blown over. 

• Posted

I've read your response ellegee and I just want to clarify I do as have a "tendency to disappear when I get a bee in my bonnet" and I find that quite insulting. The reason I have decided to no longer take part in this forum is because of remarks like that. I don't need to calm down either, as a professional I can rise above comments like this, but I felt I needed to respond to such a comment. The only other time I made the decision to no longer respond to posts was in June/July because of nasty insulting personal messages but I was encouraged to return thanks to the support of ladies (and they know who they are) on this forum and Alan (Emis Moderator) who I've liased with regarding information on the Useful Resource post. So no I won't be returning when "it has blown over".

• Posted

That should read I do NOT have a tendency to disappear. (Apologies predictive text again). Just to clarify I was made aware of this post by a friend.
    • Posted

You do have a lot of friends on here Matron. We miss you but respect your decision. 😘

• Posted

U surely will be missed, such unfortunate, you have helped me through a very bad time and for that om truely greatful.God bless take care.
  • Posted

So very sorry to hear about this -  Matron was a wonderful resource, giving very helpful advice from the perspective of both long , relevant professional experience and from from going through this herself. Many of us treasured her.

I was looking forward to telling her about therecent  post op consultation I had, where the doctor actually said it could take up to a year for everythig to settle, and to remain very careful for the next 6 months - I know she was not in favour  of the' 6 weeks and you are good to go'  advice that some women receive clinically !

We look for support here, but of more than just the ' you poor thing' variety  - we are searching for advice from others who have/are going through this. Making comments about how someone phrases  that advice when it is useful  is superfluous and hurtful - if someone really has  has an issue with  another commenter , then the proper route is to flag it up to the moderator. 

This forum is generally so very civil and polite and I was beyond sad to see what had happened.

• Posted

Here here Mari. I totally agree with everything you say. I too am sorry to hear Matron has left the forum, just because some stupid person doesn't know how to behave properly. This forum is for advice and support, not to cause arguments and upset helpful people

who need Matron's help. We get little or no professional advice on discharge and it can be very worrying if something happens we're unsure how to deal with. Especially out of clinic hours. I hope Ellegee26 has got the message now and feels very proud of herself (Idon't think) and all the others who agree with her!!!  mad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.