Matron leaving!😞

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi all,

So devastated, Matron is leaving the forum and website; will miss her so much, a wonderful lady who is so supportive to all.

Someone/people have been nasty on one of the other forums. This is not the first time, I hope the modulators manage to track the troll/'s down and sort this out once and for all.

Hoping Matron will change her mind she is such a great source of reliable information and always on hand to help the many worried ladies!

Please change your mind Matron,

Phyl x😕😕😕

6 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is very sad news. I wish I'd known about this forum when I had my AR 3 years ago it would have helped me so much. Matron has given me some very helpful advise regarding possible future surgery. She has pointed me in the right direction so I can make my own (better informed) decision. Don't let them get the better of you - come back & prove them wrong! X
    • Posted

Yes Imnotadoctor, I wish I had known also about this forum when I had my surgery, I was all the time worried about any pain, any sting, any discharge... If I had known about this forum, I would have been much less worried! 
    • Posted

Your absolutely right imnotadoctor, Matron is very informative and helpful when ladies are facing surgery. I could have done with advice before I had my hysterectomy and anterior repair.

Phyl x

• Posted

For crying out loud, whoever is picking on matron STOP IT!!

If you don't agree with something she (or anyone!) says, disagree politely and publicly.  Don't send her nasty private messages or give her a hard time.

I wonder if it is the person who was selling things on this site and matron caught the fake account they made to try to promote themselves.  I think they may bear a grudge as matron cleverly spotted them them but that person does NOT represent the women on this site who are very thankful and appreciative.  

I have appreciated your advice pre-op but I was incredibly thankful for your help and advice post-op when I ran into trouble and I couldn't even get my doctor to call me back.    It was an immense help and having some wretched troll drive you away unhappy makes me livid.

• Posted

Didn't hear about that (fake account) DorryC,

It is quite possible that is who it is then !

We will all miss her and as you say Matron was an immense help when in need of help while awaiting for GP.

More than often Matron could help eliminating any need to go to GP.

Phyl x

• Posted

Yes Matron you have been AMAZING please don't leave us!! Your input and opinions have been amazing!!! Stay for those of us that need and appreciate you???
  • Posted

Oh very sad to read this. Matron is a wealth of intimate knowledge on our lady bits. I've learnt so much from her posts since I found this forum when I was 1mth post op. Don't let lowly bullies get the better of a good person. Why aren't the bullies instantly removed from here & not left to scare away such a helpful person. Grrrrrrr. I'm a Registered Nurse but not specialty Urogynae like Matron is. So I comment carefully always knowing Matron will have completely correct advice.
  • Posted

Oh Matron, your words of wisdom have, I am sure, been a great support to so many women on here, expecially whne they hit a crisis point. Yours has been the calm voice of reason, no-nonsense and much needed reassurance.

You will be missed - please message me directly Matron

S

• Posted

i too so hope Matron will change her mind and continue to give support and advice to us ladies in distress on this forum.   I find her remarks extremely helpful and supportive.   Please stay Matron XXX
  • Posted

I have only just seen this, such sad news and really hoping that matron will reconsider. Her comments came from both as personal and a professional perspective which put her in a unique position. I am a real worrier and her comments and advice saved me (and my long suffering husband) no end in the early weeks.

It is a sad fact that whilst the internet brings the the ability for people spread all over the country and indeed the world to offer support and advice to each other it is also open to abuse by the few who spoil it for the many.

• Posted

I agree. If people have nothing nice to say, perhaps they should stay silent. Personally I looked forward Rio Matrons responses. Not only for My sanity but BC I appreciate the knowledge and education. Pleader cover back MATRON!!
  • Posted

OMG just seen this phyl.... awful news.  Blooming tolls again!!!! I for one hope she reconsiders, her advice and comments are so valued on this site. They really did help see me through this difficult time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.