May have herpes--BUT I'M A VIRGIN!! Please help

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello all. I am seriously so devastated and depressed about what's going on with my lately.

I am a 19 year old female currently enrolled in college. I have a boyfriend that I met about 7 months ago.

I told him about my values in waiting until marriage to have sex. He didn't have a problem with it and never pressures me.

I was not opposed to having oral sex, however. This may be the reason why I'm going through what I am.

My partner has NEVER had a cold sore on his mouth or any kind of sore on his genitals. He has always used protection before me and has been faithful to me since we met (there's proof, so I am trying to eliminate that possibility)

He gets STD tested every year. But STD Tests do not check for herpes.

I woke up with a very high fever/headache. I noticed a lot of burning sensations when I used the restroom. I then noticed the bumps increasing in redness and size. I applied a feminine hydrocortizone cream, but it may have inflammed a little more with that.

I assumed that I had a UTI. I then started researching and got really worried about certain STDs. I went to my doctor and got tested for a UTI. She said there was some bacteria there, but maybe not enough for my symtomps I'm going through.

She took a look and instantly said "This looks herpetic; We have to culture these!" I AM IN SHOCK COMPLETELY I START CRYING IN THE CLINIC.

The next 30 mins or so of my appointment was spent on questions about me, my partner, our activities, etc. She said the test results will come back in 2-3 days and I shall get called back into her office.

Honestly I have looked up all the symptoms and I fit all of them; but the bumps don't really look like open sores. It is very very painful down there, and I'm assuming this would be the worst of a first outbreak if I test positive.

My partner is also getting a blood test, because he has no bumps/sores to get cultured. I know that he may have the virus and it could lie dormant, but he has not performed oral sex on anyone other than me and has used protection every time.

I personally have remained faithful within our relationship. I am still very young, and scared about my results. I never thought something like this could happen to me--someone whose never even had vaginal or anal sex. My partner's genitals were no where in contact to mine. Skin-to-skin contact was not made.

My worse fear is finding out that my test is positive. I did look up the possibility of having the Staff Infection on my genitals. That could be a possibility, but I'm not sure.

I know this sounds like it's my fault, but i'm really struggling to understand why/how this happened. I have been very emotional and my partner has been crying for me, while trying to be supportive. This is very hard for the both of us.

Please help me into guidance of what I may have? My results will come in about 3 more days. I will have 5 finals to study and prepare for when I recieve the phone call.

Thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Little horror story for you, went to a V.music festival in UK, some 25 year olds were inappropriate with a young girl so I stepped in.  I was with my wife, sister and her two children.  I heard one say do it.... and the other went away.  well,( it seems from a witness later or I would never have suspected that) he was manipulating his pants area and a finger rubbed me in the face/eye from behind while in poor english he said smell my feeshy fingers.   Next morning I awoke to very red sore red eyes and conjuctavitis and throat.  After arthritis in joints and aches in glands and flu symptoms lasting few weeks, and then after 2 months I then had a huge outbreak in herpes over my face.   It has since come back quite bad 3 times in a year and once more in my eye but on the side so didn't effect my sight.  I went to a local chemist after the attack to get herpes cream and they said that 10 people had come in with the same story so maybe potentially many people could have woken up with this after passing out in their tents.    All the police can say is the weather was bad so no evidence. Its a shame that some young men feel this is acceptable behaviour... you know who you are...   its not a big deal but its senseless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.