Me Again👋 I have Steriod tablets hope they work!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I received a callback today from my rheumy nurse who managed to speak to my rheumy doctor and she has prescribed me some Steriod tablets for the next 4 weeks until my next appointment on 23rd June.

I am Starting on 20mg per day for a week reducing them Down by 5mg each week and then stop.

Praying they help greatly with my joints and pain ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Michelle

Glad to hear you have the steroid tablets! I found them fantastic!!! They do take a day or two to kick in but I felt like I had my life back to normal again when taking them!! It's a shame we can't take them all the time! biggrinย I was worried about weight gain when taking these but it's only short term and I have had quite a few steroid injections (kenalog) throughout the last 3 years and I haven't put on any weight.ย  I think I was imagining to be like a balloon after a week - not so lol.ย  Really hope you start feeling a difference soon - they are magic! xxx

• Posted

Thanks Anna fingers crossed they work soon as I felt lousy this morning really uncomfortable and had a bad nights sleep.
  • Posted

I have had RA for 7years now have had 2 steroid injections but i didnt know you could get steroid tablets. Hope they work for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.