Me and my 3 ablations !

Posted , 4 users are following.

hiiya, im 11 i have suffered with SVT for several years now and have had 3 ablations, my last one was in October 2007. I think this has finally been successful :D

My SVT used to start be exercise, bending down, resting and even eating certain foods..... :?

:roll: Bekii :roll:

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

what wasyour experience of the ablations I am considering having one at the moment and I must admit to being a bit scared.
  • Posted

My 1st experience i was nervous about having the opration, 2 weeks on SVT started up again sad

My 2nd experience i was ok because i had it before, then 1 week on SVT started up again!!!

My 3rd experience i was fine because i was thinking that it would work, now im ok for now..... 8)

(Its not scary)

• Posted

Hi so you had 3 ablations! ........wow what did they say the 1st time you had the ablation did they say it was successfull? as they put you into SVT when having the procedure to see if it has worked or not dont they.

Glad you are ok now x

• Posted

Hi, I just wanted to say I think you are a very brave girl, your parents must be very proud of you. I am having an ablation done in two weeks time and I am terrified. When I read your entry I thought if you can go through it 3 times I can try it once. Hope your third attempt is the last one for you and you go on to have a Happy and Healthy future.

Take care, Helen xx

• Posted

This note is for Helen. I just wanted to wish you luck on your ablation. I cant remember when exactly but I know it must be soon. Try not to worry too much, its not so bad. Please let me know how it goes.

Take care

Jeanette

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

Thankyou so much for your good luck wishes, my ablation is planned for Tuesday the 18th. I am trying to be positive about going in but some days are easier than others. I am not looking forward to coming off my Verapamil 3days before, I fear ending up in hospital having the dreaded injection.

When I am home I will leave a message to let you know how things went.

It's nice to know that other people understand what your going through, this site has been a great comfort to me.

Hope your doing ok since your ablation attempt ,hope when you next have it done it works for you.

Take care,

Love Helen

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

I had my ablation on tuesday, the consultant said it went very well. It turned out the fault was the clasest to the main workings of my heart, so I wont know for a few weeks until my heart heals whether it has been a total success. I am feeling shattered at the moment but that is to be expected.

I wouldn't hesitate in having it done again if it turns out this time it had failed.

Hope your feeling well and you soon get your next ablation appointment.

Take care,

Helen

• Posted

Hi Helen,

First chance I have had to go on comp. So glad your ablation went well and you are none the worse for it. I have been well, only a few very short episodes so looks like the flecanide doing its job. Unfortnately the side effect not very pleasant.

How have you been over the last week? Much bruising? Its nor nearly as bad as you expect is it. Keep in touch.

Early shift tomorrow so off to bed. I am up at 3 am.

Love Jeanette x

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

The ablation was nothing like I expected, I was so anxious before hand too, the staff and consultant were brilliant and put me at ease.

I have quite a lot of bruising both sides of my groin, 2 hours after the ablaton they allowed me to use the comode, as soon as I got on it my artery opened and quite a large haematoma appeared. After about 2 hours of pressure on it from the nurses the haematoma went down, I had to stay on bed rest for a few hours longer.

This last week I have felt shattered, also I feel as though my heart is going to kick off but as yet is hasn't, so I really do hope it has been a success. How long did it take you to feel back to yourself?

I am pleased your new drugs seem to be working for you but sorry about the side effects, lets hope when you have the ablation next time it is a complete success for you.

Please keep in touch so I know how you are keeping.

Take care and Thankyou. Hope you had a good easter too!

Helen

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Got my date for 2nd ablation!! Didnt expect to feel so nervous this time. Its 10th april so not too long to worry.taking inspiration from Becki who was so brave. Hopefully it will work this time.

I was kept in overnight the last time so I expect it will be the same again.

Hows things with you? hopefully no palps. My friend has just started taking verapamil. I must put her on to this web site.

will let you know how it goes this time.

Take care

best wishes

Jeanette

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

Thats pretty quick, your next ablation date already, thats great! I'm sure it will go well this time for you. I will be thinking of you.

I keep having the odd blip as though my heart is going to kick off but fingers crossed as yet it hasn't. Frightens me though when this does happen. I was told it would happen and is the heart healing, which will take 2 months.

Hope your feeling ok, also hope your friend on the verapamil is ok too.

This site has been really good for me,especially when your feeling low with everything and you read entries like Becky's, it really makes you realise your not on your own.

Please let me know how you get on.

Take care and all the very best.

Love Helen xx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

Good luck with your ablation on the 10th, I will be thinking of you and have all crossed for a successful ablation this time.

So far so good with mine, I keep having the feeling that palpitations are going to start but they haven't so far. My consultant said I would have these blips for about 2 months until my heart heals, so the longer it goes the more confidence I will get.

Take care Jeanette, please let me know how all goes for you.

Love Helen xx

• Posted

Hi,

Just to let you know that my appointment for 2nd ablation today was postponed late yesterday afternoon. Now to be rescheduled some time in may/june. As you can imagine I am upset but nothing I can do about it. My work not too happy as they had covered my shifts for the next couple of weeks. Still having papls on flecanide.

from Jeanette

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

I am so sorry your ablation has been cancelled at such short notice, you must be really fed up about that? I have thought about you all day, and kept all crosssed that this time it was a success.

You must be so disheartened with the ablation being cancelled especially with you still getting the palpitations on flecanide. Work shouldn't be off with you as it's not your fault your opp was cancelled, as if you haven't got enough to think about.

My thoughts are with you, lets hope you get your next appointment sooner than they have said. Please let me know.

Take care Jeanette,

Love Helen xx

• Posted

Hi helen,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Still no app thro but Professer Rankin phoned me to apologise for the cancellation, which was really nice of him. He explained that the proceedure required a surgeon on standby and due to them moving premises a full team was not available. They are going to try a transeptal ablation to the left atrium!!! Meanwhile the flecanide helping but still episodes of svt.

How have you been since your ablation. Hopefully no more attacks for you. How long did recovery take? Are you taking any medication at all?

Take care

Love Jeanette x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.