Me and my 3 ablations !

Posted , 4 users are following.

hiiya, im 11 i have suffered with SVT for several years now and have had 3 ablations, my last one was in October 2007. I think this has finally been successful :D

My SVT used to start be exercise, bending down, resting and even eating certain foods..... :?

:roll: Bekii :roll:

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jeanette,

That was nice of the Professer to ring you, it's not often that happens. Hope when you do next go in all goes well for you.

I was ok until 2 weeks ago. I have started to feel very shaky and generally off, not sure if it's all part of the recovery or not. As yet I haven't had any more attacks although my heart does pick up from time to time, but not into full palpitations. I am off all medication and awaiting a follow up appointment. I am not sure if the way I am feeling is anxiety and fear of another attack. Silly I know but just wish it would go away.

Please let me know when you get another date and if you get the chance after your opp please let me know how it goes. I will keep all crossed for you and wish you well.

Take care of yourself Jeanette,

thinking of you,

Love Helen xx

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Just to let you know my new app is for wed the 21st of May. I will let you know how it goes. Hope you are keeping well and no more episodes of svt.

Take care,

Love Jeanette x

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

Hope your keepiong well and not too nervous about wednesday, I will be thinking of you and wishing all goes well for you and this time it is a total success. Please when you find the time please let me know how it goes.

So far so good with me, no more SVT's although i still get a rapid heart rate at times which then makes me feel quite shaky, not sure if all this is part of the recovery or not. As yet I still haven't got my follow up appointment, they are running behind with the appointments. I will mention all this when I go to see the consultant.

Take care of yourself Jeanette, GOOD LUCK!! for the 21st.

Love Helen xx

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Great news, my proceedure was succesful! There was a mix up between hos and up to the last minute I didnt know whether or not I was getting it done.But all that aside I was taken first on Wed morning. Procceedure lasted two and half hours. They had to go through the heart which sounds scary. I bled quite a bit afterwards and was kept in overnight. I am experiencing a tightness in my chest and thumping heartbeats but other that that I feel ok. Just really tired. Cant believe I wont have palps again or have to be on med.

Its amazing what can be done and its well worth it. Its not the most pleasant way to spend your day but would I go through ita third time if need be? Definately.

How have you been? We are running out of space in this page. It has been so nice keeping in touch with you and I hope we can keep doing so. Maybe start a new page.

Take care Helen. Thanks for all your support, really helped.

Love Jeanette xxx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

I am so pleased all has gone well for you, I have thought about you all the time since wed and have been hoping you were ok. What a relief for you, I bled a lot after mine and felt very tired after too and was kept in over night, so please now take things easy, don't rush back to work too soon, give yourself and your heart chance to recover.

Hope we can keep in touch because you really did help me through my procedure.

I am not feeling too bad at the moment, I am still waiting for my follow up appointment. I still have the odd blip but so far they haven't gone into palpitations. My consultant said that would happen and was the heart healing. He also said it would take a long time for me to get my confidence back. I feel lots better now than I did before the procedure especially off the medication.

Take care Jeanette, please keep in touch I would like to know how you are keeping. Please don't over do things....

I will e-mail again soon.

Love Helen xxxx

• Posted

Hi Helen,

How are you keeping? How long was it before you felt well enough to return to work? Its a week now since my ablation and I feel so tired and have very little energy. Its difficult to compare to the last time as I had excessive bruising an infection and a haematoma. Hardly any bruising this time but my groin area is very tender still. My heart thumps sometimes and I am so aware of my heartbeat a lot of the time. A few fast heartbeats made me think I was going to have palps but it didnt come to anything.

My work obviously want me to return as soon as possible but my doc has given me a line for another two weeks so I will see how I feel as my job is very stresfull!! Have you had your followup app thro yet? Do you feel totally back to normal healthwise? I am taking an asprine every day for a month, did you also? So many questions, sorry!!!

Take care,

Love Jeanette xxx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

I was off work a month altogether as like you I felt so tired and lacking in energy, plus my job is very heavy at times so the last thing I wanted to do was undo all the work that had been done. ( Your health comes first)

As yet I haven't been back for my follow up appointment, I have rung them a couple of times and i am still waiting for them to get back to me. I was driving to work on tuesday morning when my heart must have tried at least 40 times to kick off into palpitations. Luckily it didn't but I am left now feeling very anxious every time i get a blip. You would have thought by now they would have got less, I don't know how long they are expected to do this, do you? I am so scared of the palps coming back and my procedure failing.

I was on strong antibiotics for 10 days and asprin for a month also.

My bruising in my groin lasted about 3 weeks especially the side where i had an haematoma, it was also very sore.

I have registered on this site and sent you a private e-mail yesterday i think, hope you got it. I am not sure if I did it right so maybe i will try again, at least that way we wont fill up this page.

Take care Jeanette, hope things start to settle down soon.

Love Helen xxxx

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

I have replied to your note about how you are feeling, I hope you get it.

I have signed onto this now so leaving just a short note to see if you get this. I am still new to this site so maybe it will take me a few tries to get it right.

Hope your feeling a little better and you ARE taking things easy.

Take care, thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery and hope all turns out well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.