ME weight is getting ME down

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know I should have other things to worry about but I have gone from an 8 to 14 in 2 months. :shock:

I think it is the Dossises but of course I cannot exercize to counteract the effects. :racket:

At night I am really bloated but I don't know if it is IBS or fluid retention.

At my age it could also be the menopause kicking in :cry:

OMG, I am falling apart :wah:

Help me...

Dale xxx

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Alicia; glad you didn't succumb to this bug - it really is horrible.

I should have had a flu-jab; will try to get one next year.

Re. IACGMOOH - uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhh! I actually couldn't watch a lot of it, I was already feeling sick and seeing them trying to eat *!&*!&&* made me feel even worse! I turned over and watched that property programme which was slightly less nauseating! :lol:

Poor you with your finger; do hope it settles down

Right, must stop now - I'm going all funny (even funnier than usual).

Bye for now:D

• Posted

Hi Daisy

Sorry you are feeling so very poorly sad Do hope you are coping okay? Are you on your own? Not that anyone else can actually do anything to help - it just has to run its course :roll:

Hope you bounce back very soon :ok:

Well, I really don't think I am going to be watching IACGMOOH any more :evil:

I thought the bug eating trial was absolutely VILE! I know we've seen numerous trials like it in the past but never quite so DISGUSTING as that one. To see celebs (that's a joke for a start :roll: ... never heard of those two) having to gorge on such revolting things as crocodile testicals and kangeroo eyes :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: and watching them repeatedly gag whilst Ant and Dec are giggling away like schoolkids in the background (have gone off them too :evil: ) was just too appalling for words :evil: And what about the poor live silkworms and witchetty grubs .... not much fun for those poor creatures either :spider: Not going to watch it ever again :evil:

And as for that arrogant Kilroy-Silk person showing his true colours once more .... what a thoroughly nasty piece of work he is. Wonder how he managed with his trial today ....... not that I shall waste my time finding out .... well, probably not, anyway :roll:

That's taking reality TV much too far :evil:

• Posted

totally agree - gutter TV (I am such a hypocrite, I shall probably still tune in on the evenings I am home alone :oops: )

Daisy, get better soon m'dear :cuddle:

• Posted

Hello Katie and Alicia

Yes - I quite agree; last night's IACGMOOH was far beyond okayishness.

The trouble is that I suppose they think that nobody will watch if they don't make the shows more and more repulsive. :ant: :bat: :spider: Well, they've lost one very queasy viewer here :x :weird:

Thank you, yes, I am coping okay and as you say nobody can really do a lot; whatever I've got will go eventually. Don't know when I've felt as bad as this for as long as this though :cry:

It's the house inspection tomorrow so I will sit in a chair looking feeble :whistle: and hope they don't make too much fuss about the bleach mark (AAAAARRRGGGH) on the navy (!) stair carpet - yes, I put a bottle of bleach down on the stairs for 2 seconds and when I picked it up.......... :shock: :yikes: :shock: . Not fair - I was only cleaning!

Have managed to do a Tesco order - everything was swimming about on the screen so heaven knows what will arrive :lol:

Thanks for support! :hug:

• Posted

Wonder what Trees has written about it in her blog?

Bleach mark on the carpet :yikes: I think I have bleach marks on almost all my casual clothes :roll: Makes a nice pink blotch .... have started buying that really thick bleach that doesn't drip. More expensive but you use much less. Don't know how you can disguise it Daisy - felt tip pen maybe?? Hmmm ...... you can't really put an ornament on the stairs really, can you :huh: You will just have to use your charm .... somehow :angel:

Good luck and hope you feel better really soon :ok:

• Posted

hello hello! smile

serious stuff first - also devastated about baby P :cry: just beyond belief. i don't understand how anyone could do that :evil:

i also sympathise on the whole anxiety front. im in constant fear that kate will get run over on the way home or similar. feel like im constantly waiting for something bad to happen :shock:

on a much lighter note - im also not sure about im a celeb.... :? its never been my favourite, mainly because some of the 'celebs' are SO obscure. had to look up that nicola mclean - she's a page 3 model and her crowning achievement is coming FOURTH in the sun's 'best page 3 model of all time'. FOURTH for goodness sake! :roll:

as a veggie i also have a prob with all the grub eating/insect stuff. :ant: some of its just cruel, like eating live witchety grubs. not nice. :hangover:

and yes, how vile is kilroy, yuk! :x but on the plus side, how lovely is esther rantzen?! i was sooo sad when she said about her husband :cry: poor esther.

i think id have definitely have preferred to be in the nice camp with martina etc. how bizarre is to see mr zulu there?! :o fingers crossed mr nasty will go out soon and it'll be more enjoyable although i dont like it anywhere near as much as x factor or strictly

ahh i remember a time when my life didnt revolve around tv...

trees x

• Posted

Morning Trees, nice to see you.

My daughter is going out with her friends from uni tonight, after lectures, and has MY CAR.

She says she won't drink and I trust her but we've always had this rule that she doesn't use the car for social purposes. But she is such a good girl and is working so hard and getting great grades.

We knew when she moved back home and started travelling in each day that she would miss out on some of the social scene so I agreed.

I shall still be fretting and worrying though, not about her doing anything bad but about other people in the pub/restaurant/on the road etc etc etc and what they might do. :roll:

• Posted

morning alicia,

im sure it will all be fine - your daughter sound like she's got her head screwed on :ok: why did she decide to come and live at home? does she have far to travel?

hope you're well today. i had the worst night sleep's ever due to general insomnia, brought on i think by two bottles of beer i was silly enough to drink :guinness: and a very loud housemate :evil:

i hardly ever drink these days and just thought it would be nice to have a couple at home but it seems it just interferes with my sleep too much. oh well, guess it's just :choc: then...

Trees x

• Posted

It's funny Trees, I have had 3 quite good nights' sleep and I feel awful, really weary and dizzy and I have nerve pains going off all over my body. As for my hand/wrist/thumb problem, well I don't know what's going on there. :roll:

Sarah took a full loan the first 2 years and the prospect of another 2 years full loan was daunting so we arranged for her to live at home and use my car to travel in each day. It is only 20 miles each way and she doesn't go in on Thursdays. We keep her, so no food and bill costs. She took no loan last year, using her ISA instead and has a minimum loan this year for petrol and personal expenses. She also has the money she earned in the summer. So far it looks as though her total loan will be around £11k for the 4 years instead of nearly £20k. That is the reason for her coming back home. :D

• Posted

its is SO expensive isn't it? :shock: i think my loan stands at about £15k, and that was back when tuition fees were 'only' £1200. mind you there were no grants then - i hear they've reintroduced some, which is typical.

what is she studying alicia? i hope it's more vocational than mine turned out to be!

Trees x

• Posted

ooh this is soo annoying just wrote you a long reply alicia and it disappeared! grrrrr :evil:
  • Posted

oh no, there it is, and turns out wasnt that long after all!

please excuse me, i have brain fog today :?

• Posted

Actually, that is one of the er .... upsides of having ME ..... we can blame just about anything on it ...... :wink:
  • Posted

Trees, she is doing a BEd - primary education. She is a born teacher. Her tutor said that they could teach the students everything they need to know about being a good teacher, then from time to time a student comes along that has something that cannot be taught and that is our Sarah. I only have to watch her with our granddaughter - her niece, who is 5 and just started school - to see what they mean. :D

When you start you are told that you do not have to start paying the loan back until you are earning x amount, but what they neglect to explain is the way that interest is added every month for as long as the loan runs, and of course it accrues so you are effectively owing interest on the interest. :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.