ME weight is getting ME down

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know I should have other things to worry about but I have gone from an 8 to 14 in 2 months. :shock:

I think it is the Dossises but of course I cannot exercize to counteract the effects. :racket:

At night I am really bloated but I don't know if it is IBS or fluid retention.

At my age it could also be the menopause kicking in :cry:

OMG, I am falling apart :wah:

Help me...

Dale xxx

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

OMG :shock:

:choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc:

What .... big ones :shock:

• Posted

A Crunchie, a Twirl, a Flake and 2 Rocky biscuits :roll:
  • Posted

Alicia, that is so terrible :choc:

Anyway, I have had a wake up call as regards the weight. BossLadies Dad died suddenly on Saturday :cry: and she is off sick so there are far worse thing than weight gain :shock:

Been thinking of my own Dad all day. He is deaf as a post and daft as a brush but I wouldn't half miss him! :cry:

That also got me thinking about my weight, apart from nursing when I was excersizing (sp?) the times I am slimmest are when I am mega stressed :weird: and since going on the dossies I have been sleeping well and am on a fairly even keel as far as the ME goes. Not as well as a \"normal\" person but quite well for an ME person :roll:

Its been a weird day and I feel like a drink but can't :redwine: :bubbly:

Where's the chocolate :choc: ? or jelly babies? I find it really theraputic to bite the heads off jelly babies when I feel like this :twisted:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Please pass on my condolences to your boss lady when you speak to her - seriously. I was not close to my dad but he was still my dad and he died suddenly and without warning when he was 68. It really shakes you up and if she was close to him it will be much harder for her.

I love jelly babies too. I find my sweet tooth is out of control when it is cold. My downfall is a Late Shopper store 200 yards from my house :oops:

Self control, that's what I need to find :roll: I am a very emotional eater. sad

• Posted

BTW, I had 8 hours lovely sleep last night :shock: What was that all about then? I haven't slept 8 hours all year. :roll: What was different last night? It does make the mornings brighter smile
  • Posted

A good night's sleep makes all the difference to the next day :smiley:

Like you Dale, the dossies really do help in this respect. I'm pretty sure too that they have saved me from mega-depression at having my life turned completely upside down ....... only occasionally do I get really low and that is usually because of the fibro pain sad

And this forum helps tremendously too ..... knowing that we can just come here and sound off as and when ..... and then go on our merry way again ..... well, sort of :roll:

Any tragedy that happens, and so many awful things seem to be happening these days ...... really does make you take stock and think, well things could actually be far worse. Sorry about your boss's father, Dale sad

Keep thinking about poor little 'Baby P' ....... how could anyone do that :shock: The boyfriend responsible should be publically hanged ...... as slowly as possible :evil: It breaks my heart to think how the little chap must have suffered :cry:

Need to go and find some comforting chocolate now sad

• Posted

I have deliberately avoided reading or watching about this because I know that I will not be able to cope with it.

Does anyone else have heightened sensitivity as a result of CFS?ME?

• Posted

Most definitely sad

I have an underlying anxious feeling which is hard to describe ..... and a dread of something really awful happening ........ it's permanently there in the pit of my stomach :?

For some horrible reason, I always seem to be expecting the worse and forsee things that thankfully so far, don't seem to happen, that others would never even think about :?

Don't really like being ME much at the moment sad

• Posted

Gosh, Katie, I so agree with you. I am usually subconsciously expecting my husband not to come home from work and when he is on a late shift, especially if the weather is bad, I lie in bed panning how I will cope without him, just in case. Don't tell anyone, they will have me carted off somewhere.

It makes me quite clingy, my daughter is very good about texting me when she gets to her destination but I wish I could just let it all go. I think it's called anxiety and sometimes it is worse than others.

If I worked out how much time and mental energy I spend worrying and then look at how much of it has actually happened there is no comparison. I never used to be like this. Perhaps I have too much time on my hands to think.

Taling of hands, I am finding it very hard to type so I might not be around quite so much for a bit but I won't desert you all. xxxx

• Posted

Katie/Alicia

That is exactly how I feel! Thought it was just me, obviously its ME! :oops: That feeling at the back of your mind when you are always expecting something bad to happen. :cry:

It is anxiety, Alicia. I was much worse at the start of my illness but it has subsided now although it has never completely gone. It went bad again after my car crash but not too bad at the moment.

Your description is perfect Katie. See how isolated and confused we would be trying to deal with this myriad of symptoms without this forum :ok:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Phew, so it's not just me then ...... it's ME :roll:

I might have known :evil:

Alicia, I keep expecting my hubby to 'pop off' any time ...... it really worries me :cry:

And still worry about my daughter even though she is now married .... I hate it when she tells me they will be out late at night ....... I would rather not know, but then I have Roxy dog for the night, so I have to know sad

Hate feeling like this ..... and these dark nights makes things seem ten times much worse sad

Have been Christmas shopping this morning .... felt I had to go ... it was a nightmare as predicted. Took me an hour to get there cos of an accident ...so I was worn out by the time I arrived. Just grabbed what I could .... will just have to do. I always seem without fail to get a screaming kid trailing around after me too :yuk:

Stopped for a cup of Costa coffee :coffee: - their cups are so flipping large I could hardly lift it to my lips .... and my hand went all wobbly and spilled it down my front :roll: Then got back to my car to find an injured pigeon behind it :shock:Couldn't leave the poor thing, so carefully put it in to a shopping bag and drove it to Roxy's vet. They were marvellous and said they would treat it and send it to a local bird sanctuary to recover :peace:

My faith in humanity is restored, but it does seem so awful that a bird can be so well taken care of and a poor neglected child abandoned sad

• Posted

Gawd Katie, I was ok till the last line. Now you've started me off again. :cry:
  • Posted

Sorry Alicia :cry:
  • Posted

Hello from a feeling-very-ill person! :D (I don't look a bit like this but thought it might cheer you all up)

This \"virus\" seems to be really horrible and I have been feeling sooooo ill and fed up :cry: (thank you, Beechams and nurofen have helped!)

But, yes, I, too have the feeling most of the time that something awful is about to happen:shock: ; I suppose that anxiety/depression/ME are all linked.....

So that's why I haven't been around; felt too ill to turn the computer on and already it's starting to make me feel :weird: so had better stop.....

Need to save all computer-energy to do a Tesco order!

I did some ACT with a CPN (heavens all these initials) - very good, then he left!!!! :shock:

Take care all:rainbow: :tit: :rose:

At least we're not in the jungle eating unmentionable things! :spider:

• Posted

Daisy, sorry you are ill, I do hope you feel better soon. My daughter, her boyfriend and my son and granddaughter all had this and were quite ill for a while, and they don't have the low resources we have. I started it but the my flu jab kicked in and fought it off - thank you Mr Flujab :D

I see you are an IACGMOOH fan as well, did you SEE it last night? Yeurggghhh :hangover:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.