Medial Knee Pain Alignment issue? Photos included

Posted , 6 users are following.

Here are some photos. I am trying everything to fix this but just walking is very painful. My quad strength should be good enough now, although I may be imbalance with a weaker medial quad but looking at the photo of course I would be. The problem is my right knee- left side as you face the front facing photo. I feel rotated and out of place with my femur. Any thoughts on this and rehab or stretches that work? MRI in April was unremarkable. This came from overuse from laying floor tile : (

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I have been having problem bending at times and extending. I looked up something callled External Torsion of the Tibia. Sometimes the Femur has twisted internally and the Tibia has twisted externally against the Femur causing pain either on Lateral or Medial side. Mhy right foot faces outwards when standing and lying down and other foot is straight. Figured it is a torsion of the tibia. So I rotated the Tibia internally a few degrees and it relieved the medial side pain and able to get better flexion and extension. There is PT video online shows how to do it. But you may want to run that by an Ortho or PT, There is possiblity of the Tibia rotated in Externally or Internally and needs adjustment. Goodluck, This is year later response, hopefully you were able to find some help. I figured my problem year later after partial menisticomy,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.