Medical devices and autoimmunity

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone, I remember 5 years ago having a iud ( won’t name it...) having lots of discomfort but bearing with it for I was told it was all normal. So kept enduring tummy pain, swollen breasts, bloathing etc.  Itching vulva and anus was also going on but never linked anything because i had eczema younger. But eczema never made anything fuse nor white patches. I’m not saying that the iud caused my LS but tonight I’m watching on tv a special program ( documentary) that talks about different medical devices and possible immune problems. Just saying it’s interesting to see how we can get different things put in our bodies not just iud’s but different devices thinking they’re to better our lives ( but in reality we have no knowledge of the substances composing those devices) ...

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Omg.. I thought it was just me. I’m 24 yrs old (no kids/pregnancy)  and on my second iud. The first (skyla) was only for 3yrs, the second (mirena) I’ve had for a little over a year. I was diagnosed (biopsy) with LS  about 4yr ago. A little after I got my first iud. For whatever reason I didn’t put the two together. But for a little over a year now  the idea that they might be connected has been crossing my mind. I’ve been asking 3 different doctors/gyn/ dermatologist if there’s any relation between to two. I was always told no but I honestly don’t think there’s enough reason to prove or disprove this. Has anyone gotten their iud taken out and had relief from there symptoms?? I’ve been seriously considering  this and thinking about other forms of BC (or none at all).  I would just like to have a normal vaginal/sex life.  It’s so embarrassing to have these types of problems at this age. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.