Medicare Coverage for HoLEP

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have aligned myself with a top-notch surgeon for the HoLEP procedure. I know this surgery is the latest and greatest for BPH and I am excited that I have finally come to an end to my misery.

The one thing I have to get clear in my mind is Medicare coverage

(USA only). I got so caught up with the medical explanation that I clearly forgot to mention the "bill". I know that Medicare covers hospital and surgical expences and the Group that I am seeing has all my insurance info on file. 

Bottom line here is. HAS ANYONE ON THIS THREAD HAD HoLEP WHILE UNDER MEDICARE???

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Medicare is my primary and Mutual of Omaha supplement type G my secondary.  Looking at mayo in Rochester ,MN. Worried about insurance coverage and if being in  Michigan makes any difference affecting coverage.
    • Posted

Hi Barry, I'm also from Michigan and also begun the HoLEP visits to Mayo, Mn. Returning next January for final(?) evaluation. Have not met the doctor yet but the prelim staff seem knowledgeable and caring. Did you continue treatment at Mayo, Mn. and are you happy you did?

So far Medicare + Plan G supplemental coverage has covered all tests and procedures for me.

• Posted

thank you for the interesting thread. I live in Southern California where very few Doctors perform HoLEP. Fortunately, I found Mathew Dunn, MD, Urology at UCLA Medical Center an Santa Monica. This is day three of my being home, thus far I am more than satisfied.I am asking responders to describe the recovery process in more detail as, at this time, that is my primary concern.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.