Medication Side Effect

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I am currently taking Keflex for a UTI.  I also started taking Osphena this past Monday for vaginal atrophy and Toviaz for incontinence.  This morning I woke up with red patches on my face!!  I am wondering if anyone had this reaction taking any of these drugs.  Thank you.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mary Ann,

Have you ever taken Keflex before?  I am allergic to it and break out in hives.  Do your red patches look like hives?

• Posted

Hi Lorrie,

I do no think it is hives.  The red patches on just on my face.  I think it may be the new hormone drug, Osphena.  If it continues, I will call my Dr.  

Thanks for your response.

• Posted

Does sound like hives. Have you read the side effects in the leaflets for the medications.
    • Posted

Hi Suki ,

I do not think it is hives.  I have red patches just on my face.  I did read the leaflets and it looks like the Osphena may be causing this.  I do not want to stop taking it since my Dr. really believes it can help with the atrophy.  As always, thank for your response.  If it gets worse, I will call my Dr.

• Posted

Side effects:

diarrhea,

dizziness,

tiredness,

headache,

stomach upset,

abdominal pain,

joint pain,

vaginal itching or discharge,

nausea,

vomiting,

itching,

swelling, and

rash.

• Posted

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for your response.  I think it it eczema.  More than likely it is a reaction from one of the meds I am taking.  If it persists, I will call my Dr.

• Posted

Didn't know meds could give you eczema. Is that something you already have?

That list I posted was for Keflex, BTW, not Osphena. I have no experience with taking either one. Good luck.

• Posted

I never had on and off eczema before I started with 16 UTI’s over the course of 35 months.  I have taken so many antibiotics.  I only have 3 more days of Keflex.  I hope the eczema calms down.  I am using a medicated cream that my dermatologist prescribed.  It seems to be helping.  Thank you for your reply.
    • Posted

Taking so many antibiotics must have put your whole system out of balance, killing the good bacteria as well as the bad. You need to put good bacteria back into your system by taking pre and probiotics and eating fermented foods. Latest research has shown that those good bacteria are vital to our health and wellbeing and the functioning of our body.
    • Posted

I am taking a probiotic named Probiotic 10 by Nature Made.  I am not taking a Prebiotic.  I do eat yogurt at least 5 days a week.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    • Posted

Fermented foods and drinks such as Kombucha (fermented green tea), kimchi (very hot spicy-wise), sauerkraut (fermented cabbage), kefir (fermented milk) and miso paste (used in Japanese miso soup) are very good at restoring the good gut bacteria.
    • Posted

Thank you so much Suki girl.  I will buy these products tomorrow.  You have been such a big help.
    • Posted

Where are you? In the US? You may have more fermented products there than I know about. Look up fermented food on Wikipedia - it has a page with a huge list.
    • Posted

Hi,

Yes, I live in the US, New Jersey.  I will look up the fermented products.  Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.