medicine for GB removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

I wrote before and got a lot of good advice. My problem is I had my GB out about three weeks ago and can not eat with out having a really bad stomache ache. My Doctor told me to eat every thing fat free. I have always ate what ever i wanted. I do not feel hungry at all. Well I talked to my doctors PA who told the doctor all the problems I have been going through.they gave me a percription for IC CHOLESTYRAMINE I tried it last night and could not drink it no matter what I did. So I thought well let me try a again in the am i tried and can not get this taste out of my mouth. It is like sand. Has anyone ever taken it. they say you can put it in applesauce i will buy that at the store today. also they gave me two huge boxes of it to last a month what a waste. The taste is still in my mouth. any suggestions. If I could get on a fat free diet I would not be going through this. Please can someone help me. And I am scared to tell the PA to keep trying it. I do not want to. I always taught my Children growing up, never let you do any thing you do not want to. Well I do not want to take this I am sick thinking of it. Thank You. 

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Terry

You don't sound stupid. UOC is --//university of Chicago hospital

SOD ... Sphincter of Oddi surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.