Men

Posted , 15 users are following.

With all we are going through , all our symptoms and anxieties why don't men understand. Moody, demanding and selfish - well mine is anyway, tired of running around trying to do everything and not an ounce of understanding. Everything's ok as long as I don't moan or complain or say I don't feel well, yet the slightest sniffle or cough and it's 'oh poor me' and we,re supposed to pamper and fuss - yet when it's us its a different story.

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I understand!   I always try to find time when he is not around to rest, sleep or treat myself well.  Alone time is good.
    • Posted

Agree, can't wait for him to go to work or bed !
    • Posted

Lol

Sorry I had to laugh at the work or bed comment. Here I am wishing I had one. Guess I would prefer being single to having a selfish moody one...

• Posted

Yes, a few of my single friends have the benefit of not picking up underpants and smelly socks from the floor, cleaning the filthy bath after he's been there, wiping up all the spilt sugar from the kitchen worktop after he's attemted to make a cup of tea, opening the bathroom window really wide after he's been there, picking up his dirty dinner plate he's left on the floor for me to pick up, listening to constant snoring when I can't sleep, listening to him eating a packet of crisps with his mouth open, rummaging through the cupboards looking for more food after he's been fed etc etc need I go on, wonder what would happen if I behaved like that ! Yuk.
    • Posted

They never really grow up. You wonder were they ever taught any manners and etiquette, right?
  • Posted

They have no clue how to deal with us when we're not well.  I think it's because they always feel like they have to be able to fix something when it's broken/wrong, and they can't with this.  They have no power to make it better, and it frustrates them.  And men are stupid.  There, I said it smile  It's tough, most of the time I wish mine would leave me alone too, but then when he IS gone (he's a pilot) I'm sad and miss him (well, at night anyway).  What's the saying?  Men, can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em! smile  hee hee
    • Posted

Ha ha ha ' men are stupid' so so so true! Sorry you miss your man when he's away, he's a pilot - lucky you he must be away a lot ! ..... I'm just watching mine munching his way through a packet of biscuits and I can hear every swallow and crunch and it's driving me mental. Did you read my reply to CCin Cal ha ha, ...... yep biscuits almost gone thank god !
    • Posted

I wish mine were a pilot or had a similar job that kept him out of my hair. Mine seems to just pluck my nerves raw sometimes. If he was away more often I think we'd have a much better marriage. You know what they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."
    • Posted

I was putting my son to sleep but couldn't help chuckling out loud to your post. Too funny!
  • Posted

.... thus proving once and for all - they really ARE from another planet!

I suppose in many ways I am lucky. We both know I'm not the girl he married, but then I'm not altogether sure HE'S the man I married. Some wrinkly old fart has taken his place. We have regular whinging sessions, trying to out-do each others complaints (he is diabetic and only found out when it had done a lot of damage).

Perhaps your OH should take a long look in the mirror someday and realise that he is not actually Superman. Has his nose hair got any longer, his hair any thinner, his waist any fatter? Does he say 'oof' or 'argh' when he gets out of a chair? Yep, sure signs he's going through the male Menopause - poor dear.rolleyes

• Posted

Ha ha ha that made me laugh, yes all true and the eyebrows yuk, long hairs appear and the ears too ! ...........and bedtime it's ' are you coming up for a bit ! ' uuuugghh no im bloody well not !
    • Posted

Hahahaha.😅😅😅..I just spit out my Ginger ale..he has MALEOPAUSE!!!
    • Posted

My lady pals call it Manopause. I accuse my hubby of it when  hes being foul. He gets in a nasty mood far more often than he used too. My hubby is a pilot as well and I too am glad for the break when he is gone. I do miss him now and again but its nice to not have him adding to my crazy.
    • Posted

Yes my hubby is very moody, overly-sensitive and critical. So I deal with a lot. He's never been tested but I think he has Aspberger's syndrome which is the adult form of Autism. He has angry outbursts and gets upset easily. He can be fine one moment and then all of a sudden he flips. It's like Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde. It is very stressful and unsettling being with someone like this.
    • Posted

All of that stress isn't helping you! I do understand, I have my 88 year old mum living with us. She's doing great for her age (better than me) but she does go through life with her glass half empty and she is an Olympic champion at stating the bxxxxxxg obvious - 'it's raining, you'll need at coat'. AGGGHHH!
    • Posted

We must have the same mom. Never encouraging just sees the negatives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.