Men

Posted , 15 users are following.

With all we are going through , all our symptoms and anxieties why don't men understand. Moody, demanding and selfish - well mine is anyway, tired of running around trying to do everything and not an ounce of understanding. Everything's ok as long as I don't moan or complain or say I don't feel well, yet the slightest sniffle or cough and it's 'oh poor me' and we,re supposed to pamper and fuss - yet when it's us its a different story.

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Wow ladies!!! I didn't realize.

I've been feeling very awful today with depression and anxiety but now feel a little grateful I don't have to deal with all that at least. Sheesh. That list Lou is unbearable even reading. I had forgotten my mom saying similar things of my dad while growing up.

Like my friend said, "men suck, I'm going to get a dog".

• Posted

Oh your poor mum, yes dogs are DEFINATLEY better at least they're grateful and don't speak !
  • Posted

LOL ladies, lou86 and CCinCal that's too bad.  My hubby is actually still pretty damn hot, so as long as I'm not feeling like total crap that day, if he asks for a romp I'm game! smile  It's the one thing I'm grateful for in peri; though it has surely dimished some, my sex drive hasn't completely gone away.
    • Posted

Ah that's great for you im glad you have someone lovely, romp - I absoloutley dread it and can't wait for it to be over and done with not that it hardly ever happens, thank god !
    • Posted

Yeh, we still have our moments.......lol It's not all bad.
  • Posted

I absolutely agree. I am so FURIOUS with my husband at the moment too. He keeps saying he understands what I am going through but she hasn't got a clue! (He is right next to me as I write these lines -ignorant to all)
    • Posted

Mine has 'selective deafness', you know, 'you never mentioned xyz'. I did you just weren't listening! I throw in a curve ball now and again to see if he is still listening - 'right I'm off to my free-fall ping-pong now' or 'I just won an elephant where should we park it?'
    • Posted

know exactly what you mean, I can be talking away and I know he's not listening and then four days later he's says ' why didn't you tell me '  I say I did you just wernt listening !
    • Posted

i understand your frustration, it's trying to find a way to pretend they're not there !
  • Posted

They are big babies that have no clue how extraordinary we are.
    • Posted

Yes they are like babies - gosh so many poor ladies going through the same thing as me. Whats wrong with them - I remind him of our marraige vows ' in sickness and in health ' - seems it only applies to me !
    • Posted

Hi ladies,

Yes he is a pain. I have to keep quiet about my stuff or he huffs it's something different with you every day.

And always bloody eating and it drives me nuts crunching and munching away on anything and everything (no chance of him gaining weight round the middle still has 28"waist he always had)

He's well domesticated so I can't complain about bad bathroom or bedroom habits.

What really irritates me is if there is something wrong with him off to bed with toothache and sniffles. Yesterday he couldn't manage the promised driving lesson with our daughter because he'd tired himself in the garden (she's 2 weeks away from her test so not exactly taxing).

Those ear hairs I think they grow there to filter out not only me but anyone speaking to him. I tell him something someone was saying to us both and he gives me a look like I'm making it up, our friends must think he's rude and ignorant too. His friend has been talking of his brothers wedding for weeks now my hubby caught up the other day (although I've told him twice) Oh when are they getting married then? He's only been telling him for the past month and first mentioned it day after valentines day.

At least HRT has made me a little more tolerant and I can keep up in the bedroom again.

• Posted

Ha ha ha shouldn't laugh really but it all sounds so so familiar it really does ! I know the don't believe you face too ! Also why is it that he will lay on the sofa all night not speaking to me just eating and rooting through the fridge and cupboards for yet more food, but if he spots a neighbour through the hedge or at the bottom of the garden walking past he will stand there for ages laughing ha ha ha and gossiping like an old fish wife with his hands on his hips as if to say ' oh I know '  in a deep understanding voice, and then if I see anyone they say ' oh isn't your husband lovely, he's so clever and funny !' .............. I'm afraid the last person who said that I replied with ' well you don't bloody well live with him'......... Get the picture ! X
    • Posted

It's the same with me! Yours and mine must have been separated at birth! Lol! He can be so nasty with me and takes all his frustrations out on me but acts so wonderful with others. They all think he is so nice but like you said they don't live with him and are not married to him.
    • Posted

Oh poor you with the same infliction - mine can be totally rotten and nasty aswell especially if he doesn't get what he wants in the bedroom department, it's always a no by the way from me - it's like if they get that ( sex ) they are really nice for a while but if they don't they sulk then get nasty and spiteful. Yes yes yes everyone thinks I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband , well I have a plan im gonna secretly record his nasty side and play it back to everyone that knows him - see what they have to say about that !
    • Posted

I have thought of the same thing but haven't the nerve to do so. I think they behave like that with us because they've grown used to us and are comfortable with us. They didn't behave like this when we were dating or else we would have dropped them flat.
    • Posted

I know it's hard - I think they don't like and can't handle change and they don't like it and that's why they get snappy. Not our fault, we didn't ask for all this and if we had a choice we certainly wouldn't choose this road .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.