Men

Posted , 15 users are following.

With all we are going through , all our symptoms and anxieties why don't men understand. Moody, demanding and selfish - well mine is anyway, tired of running around trying to do everything and not an ounce of understanding. Everything's ok as long as I don't moan or complain or say I don't feel well, yet the slightest sniffle or cough and it's 'oh poor me' and we,re supposed to pamper and fuss - yet when it's us its a different story.

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You are right on, my hubby is exactly like that, and women I speak to, have the same problem sister!Stella42
    • Posted

Yes it's not us that have to change, it's them ! X
  • Posted

Hi all you lovely ladies. Not sure if many of you still join in on here. I was just searching for an old discussion and came across this one. You have all made me laugh out loud, thank you so much!

You could have been describing my husband. I too can't stand the noisy eating, searching for food after dinner, munching noisy snacks after while I'm trying to hear my fave TV prog. And the mindless comments he makes as though to show an interest.. I'm silently seething and wishing for him to go to bed.

I could go on but you've covered it all so well. Still giggling....

• Posted

Perhaps we should revive this thread? I have just re read some of it - my comments on OH's selective deafness. He has a hearing air now - funny thing is, he can hear me muttering quietly about the cigarette ash on the bathroom floor yet STILL doesn't respond to anything I say when he is on the computer 8ft away!

My latest gripe with him, the missing teaspoons! He scoops a teaspoon of coconut oil to use as moisturiser - that's fine, but then I go to get a spoon and there are none! Where are they? 'Oh the cat likes to lick the spoon and she keeps knocking them off the desk'. He never thinks to do anything about it. That leaves me having to periodically move a heavy desk to retrieve a small mountain of hairy teaspoons!

You have to laugh, or you'd cry.

• Posted

That's so funny, yes keep laughing. Amazing how their selective hearing works. I tell my hubby I've already told him somethings when I'm not even sure I have!

It infuriates me how mine lines the empty wine bottles by the back door as if the recycling fairies are going to magic them out to the bins. Then there's so many I keep tripping over them and take them out myself in a mood. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.