MEN with BV

Posted , 20 users are following.

OK so i know that technically men CANT get BV or atleast thats what doctors say. But i feel like i keep getting it after i have sex with my bf ( he does NOT ejaculate inside me though) Ive been doing research on this all day and ive read that some men have been treated for it and their partner stopped getting it righht after they were BOTH treated has anyone out there had a similar situation happen to them who treated their boyfriend , husband?? This will be my next step ( I also tried boric acid not sure if it actually cured the BV but it made the smell go away)

3 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

In my country (cuba) they treated with Amixicilina for 10 days for him and her, im gonna start next week with the treatment and also my boyfriend , I hope it's gonna work.

• Posted

I'm not sure but I remember having my ex take a round of medication and it didn't stop it only for a little while, it's a nightmare for sure, I have been single, no dating, sex for over a year, met someone a few months ago and inside have been freaking out its going to happen, we all know it! I actually sat him down and explained it to him just so he could run if he wanted to. This stinks!

• Posted

Did he stay? I don't know what I want to do either. I'm not exclusive with anyone but I do really like someone and I'm so afraid to have sex with him. Sadly I had sex with my ex to see if the hone remidies worked and I could smell a hint of it but not like I use to. He couldn't smell it at all but of coarse I was looking for the smell. It wasn't like a spread in the room smell but I had smelt it on my hand from when we changed positions and I put him back inside. I also would like add this is also the man that cheated and that's the reason my doc told me I got it to begin with. So anyway I dony want to do it with someone that matters and have it be yucky. What happen when u told him bout it?

• Posted

Make sure your not exposing your vag to any irritants. Do you Wash with soap?
    • Posted

It didn't happen with him, we have only had sex once, I told him about it after and why I was freaking out, just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean it won't the second time and yes, I have finally found someone that isn't all about themselves and it may be a struggle but I don't believe he's going to run haaa, stay tuned! and you said that that you smelled it on your hand but he didn't smell it? Wow, when I have smelled it on my hand it smelled all during, so awful, I'm honestly freaking out for the next time, but I do have to say that this forum has mainly younger people here, it started for me last year with the other guy( jerk) I'm 57 and had a total hysterectomy 10 years ago, so I'm dry, I don't take hormones so my lining is thin etc. I think I was so susceptible to BV. And like you all have no freakin idea what to do about it, I only take probiotics for women's flora& gut, that's it, not into putting anything inside that doesn't belong, just feel that opens up a whole risk for infection. 

• Posted

In your case it may be the hormones causing it. Ive read it about it before

you should definitely look into it

• Posted

I'm taking acidophilus which is a probiotic. Is there a dif probiotic that I shoud be taking?

• Posted

I'm not sure if it didn't fill the room cuz of what I have been doing or what. I mean I'm glad not cuz I was scared of what happen. I mean it was with my scumbag ex that caused this to begin with (well I believe anyways) I was glad cuz that lets me think that it mite not happen at all with someone else. Especially if I get this under total control.

• Posted

Im currently taking vitamins C and D ive heard it helps and women who lack it keep getting BV i take "Vitamin C 1000 mg with rose hips"

And also "Vitamin D3 5000IU"

• Posted

Those r probiotics? Is that all u take and do u take them orally? I've seen ppl on these forums inserting them. I also saw that u did boric acid and it got rid of the smell. Was that an oral thing? Did it keep the smell away or do u use it evertime it comes back?

• Posted

I am low in vit d also, have read that normal levels do help with keeping bv at bay, I think im going to start vitc w/ rose hip by mouth but have heard that putting that inside is an instant fix but I'm just not putting anything inside that doesn't go.

• Posted

After my ex ( that I got it from) I did meet someone else and in the 2 months that we were together it only happened once, then the guy admitted that he was seeing me and someone else uggggg... That's when I gave up and was celebate for over a year which brings me to my new very special guy with a huge heart, we shall see

• Posted

No they are regular vitamins you can find in a store, Although i have read online how women insert Vitamin C vaginally but i havent tried that. Well when i first had BV i had no smell i got treated for it it went away i was ''cured', 2 week later i had sex then boom i had this disgusting fishy odor and nasty discharge. I did research and saw how boric acid helped cure BV and also Yeast infections. So i decided to give it a try and ordered some from Amazon. Boric Acid is a powder so you'll need to buy veggie capsules to put the powder in them. DO not take this orally its bad. Youre suppose to insert the capsule vaginally maybe for a week depending the person. In my case, it made the fishy odor away, but then i got my period and i started to stink again. Im not sure if this time my period triggered BV so i went to GYN 2 days ago and she confirmed i had BV, not sure if boric acid cured the BV but it did help with the odor when i took it, right now im not using borc acid since im using what the doctor prescribed me, the gel for 5 nights which will give me a yeast infection im sure. Im still trying to figure all of this out theres so many triggers and its all so overwhelming

• Posted

No I use only unscented everything, I work in medical so I've learned a lot

• Posted

I do agree but I have so much cancer in my family on the women's side I'm not taking anything

• Posted

I've used the gel too. It only works for a short period of time then comes back again. I wouldn't recommend using it. Its onlt goin to kill the good that's already in u

• Posted

Yea i know ive also tried the pills and those just make me sick and dont even work.Well all antibiotics wipe all type of bacteria out good or bad I'm so over this whole situation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.