MEN with BV

Posted , 20 users are following.

OK so i know that technically men CANT get BV or atleast thats what doctors say. But i feel like i keep getting it after i have sex with my bf ( he does NOT ejaculate inside me though) Ive been doing research on this all day and ive read that some men have been treated for it and their partner stopped getting it righht after they were BOTH treated has anyone out there had a similar situation happen to them who treated their boyfriend , husband?? This will be my next step ( I also tried boric acid not sure if it actually cured the BV but it made the smell go away)

3 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

When i first got bv i made my boyfriend get treated as well, but i still ended up getting it again two weeks later after sex and had to get treated even more.
    • Edited

Well ex boyfriend now haha.
    • Posted

We did when we first got together, but after a few months and getting bv, no. And we did not use condoms after the medicine because i figured it wouldnt come back but it did.
    • Posted

It really is!!!!

Do any of you's who suffer this drink energy drinks?

I find every time I drink a cheap 35p energy drink it's back the more I drank the worse it Got they where called lsv energy or energy boost blue or red cans same size as red bull, hear in uk,

Stoped having them and it's gone not felt like needing a ciggIe quit years ago but fell like smoking every time I drank these , and stoped having pains in stomach those energy drinks are so bad for you x but that's another post lol

• Posted

I don't drink energy drinks and try to watch caffine and sugar, another BV. Culpritsad

• Posted

The only remedy I know that works is 1. Taking the meds.  2. Completely change your diet to include alkaline foods only and lots of yogurt. No alcohol, bread, rice, starch, sugar, including all drinks but water and tea with no sweetener. Do that for at least a month and the smell will go away. And especially no energy drinks ... lemon water on empty stomach all day long
  • Posted

First I would like to say that I'm sorry that you are suffering with this horrible condition. I myself suffered for years with BV. I tried every medication known to man. The pills, gels, diets, boric acid..... you name it I did it, and it continued to come back.  I was advised to take folic acid and acidolphis combined and to douche twice a day for seven days with peroxide. Because the bacteria is so far up you will need to purchase a turkey baster and use it as a tool to douche with. For the first three days use the peroxide full strength and after add distilled water to your solution, about half and half  After day one I could tell a tremendous difference. The peroxide will tingle some but just as if you were to use it on an open sore, but it is totally harmless. You can continue to take the acidolphis and the folic acid as back up.  I hope this cures you as it has me....Good luck and God bless

• Posted

I just read your last post and are you completely cured? I've been struggling for years and listening to my Dr but enough is enough and I'm trying to take matters in my own hands! I don't have a smell but have the itching, irritable and all around discomfort! Mine tends to trigger around my cycles. Can u relate to me? Do u think this method could help? Thanks

• Posted

OMG, Yes I can relate. It seemed that my cycle was also my trigger. Pleeeease try the peroxide douching with turkey baster. Keep in mind that what you are trying to get rid of is way up there. 7 days of peroxide douching-the first 3 days use undiluted peroxide. The last 4 days you can dilute with distilled water. Also use the acidolphus and folic acid for a week  twice a day and afterwards just go to a daily routine. Please keep me posted on your outcome and I pray this heals you as it has me. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.!
    • Posted

Sorry I'm responding late.... are you saying peroxide / undiluted peroxide that I can buy at drug store? And how much? And did you do it at night or does it matter? 

Did you have any side effects from doing this? Did it burn? 

How did you hear about this? 

And thanks for the prayers!!!! I'm a praying gal too!!!

• Posted

Mine is triggered around periods also. I use to wear tampons and even told the doc I thought it was the tampons causing this. They said no. But I stopped wearing tampons for nearly three years and haven't had bv. Recently I started back with tampons and boom b.v. symptoms is what I'm having. I'm going to doctors in the morning.

• Posted

I swear by this. I suffered for so long with bv AND yeast. Buy a douche and 100% tea tree oil. Pour a little bit of tea tree oil in the douch, and fill the rest with water. Use it, then fill douch half with plain water, and use it. Bam you're done! Do this twice a day and until symotoms are gone. It works! TRUST ME, ITS A MIRACLE OIL! Its good for bacteria and fungus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.