MEN with BV

Posted , 20 users are following.

OK so i know that technically men CANT get BV or atleast thats what doctors say. But i feel like i keep getting it after i have sex with my bf ( he does NOT ejaculate inside me though) Ive been doing research on this all day and ive read that some men have been treated for it and their partner stopped getting it righht after they were BOTH treated has anyone out there had a similar situation happen to them who treated their boyfriend , husband?? This will be my next step ( I also tried boric acid not sure if it actually cured the BV but it made the smell go away)

3 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

MY CURE TO BV!

I also swore up & down I kept getting it after intercourse with my boyfriend. I didn't believe that he had BV but someone mentioned it could have went into their hole, and he could keep reinfecting you. Which I also do not believe but I took precautions. Anyways, I swore SEMEN triggered my BV because only seemed to come back after he ejaculated in me.  But I was wrong. I lost all hope. Until I finished my medications from my GYNO and decided to take other woman's advice and quit washing down there with scented soaps. All in all, I just use warm wash cloth down there. I was so sure it would return since I have entercourse with my s/o every night, sometimes twice a night. But I'm going on almost 2 months BV free! I highly suggest "curing it" how ever you decide to do that, and begin washing with a clean wash rag. NO SOAPS DOWN THERE. See what happens. I wasted 4 years trying every single home remedy and countless prescriptions from the doctor..only to realize the fix was so freaking simple, and I can only hope it is a simple fix for other woman suffering but it is a hard long ugly battle. 

• Posted

My gf and i are going through this? 5th one in a year. Doctors says its not me but we are 35 and this is first time she has had this problem....any advice
  • Posted

Hi I’m a male and my wife continue to get bv every 3 months or so. It’s wearing on our marriage.  I don’t  ejaculate  in her but she continues to get it. So I’m in the same boat.  They say men can’t get it but something is going on. I need advise also
  • Posted

your body is acidic, Come off all processed sugars and see what happens..
  • Posted

I’ve been dealing with BV on and off for almost 5 years now. I find 15ml of hydrogen peroxide douche per day keeps all symptoms at bay for 24 hours. Currently on Metro gel. Again. You know, because I still hope one of these days it will go away forever. 
  • Posted

Ok I'm going to put my input from a guy's point of view. I have known my wife since she was 11 years old I have been dating her for 28 years we have to teenage children but she has always had some kind of a reoccurring either yeast infection is what we always thought it was or now we're finding out it might be a bacterial infection never knew it could possibly be me after reading all the replies from here I figured from a guy's point of view I'm going to put in my information and see how it works. I've been with my wife and I've been only with my wife for quite a long time so she happens to be a pharmacy technician and she's going to get a hold of some anti bacterial amoxicillin, that I read work for someone above in the comments and I'm going to try it and see how it works out. I will be so heartbroken if I do find out it was me doing it for this long of a time because it's watching her go through that it was just agonizing over and over again for so long. She recently had her uterus taking out in April of this year 2021. we have not had intercourse sense the surgery, it's now going on September. we wanted to wait for normal recovery but also because she wanted to make sure it showing up after the surgery on it's own. So we did what we had to. She hasn't had one so that's what made me decide to do this research and found you guys. I thank you so much for all the comments you wrote. If I can help her I'm going to do what I can I'll let you guys know how it works out and hop it might help you possibly. Best wishes let me know if you have any questions about this or need a gents view on something. ~jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.