menapause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I have been reading your posts about menapause and suddenly dont feel like i am going mad! My periods have been changing over the last few months, mood swings a nightmare, feeling anxious and thinking that i have all sorts wrong with me. Having read your posts and symptoms i have a fair range of them. Anxiety, sleep problems and waking feeling anxious which is the worst as i have only been off medication for anxiety just about a year. Joint aches, fluid retention and feeling fatigued r all horrible. I am 47 and now know it is menapause and everything i experiencing is part of it. Whilst it doesnt make it go away i feel so much better understanding what is going on. I thought there was something horribly wrong with me and the more i think th e more anxious i get....a vicious circle

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine , I'm 47 and started last year, all the same things you have mentioned and I agree with you the Anxiety as definitely been the worst for me, I have constantly been thinking I have something very seriously wrong with me, was constantly at the doctors, but over the last couple of months I have really tried to rise above these feelings, it's still more anxious days than good, but at least I am having some hood days now, you just have to keep telling yourself this is down to the menopause, wishing you lots of luck and I hope we have a short menopause 😄😄😄
    • Posted

Hi sue976. Thank you for your reply. I am so pleased i found this site. Last night i nearly got my other half to take me to hospital as i felt 'WEIRD'. cant describe it apart from confused, lifeless and odd. Having read lots of posts tonight i know i am not alone and that has given me a calming feeling. Just have to keep those horrible thoughts at bay and ride it out. Thank u again x
    • Posted

I was a regular at the A&E, with Heart Palputations, Stomach Pain, like you feeling really strange like it wasn't me in my body, just couldn't get my head round that menopause would have you feeling like this. This site is brilliant and as really helped me, once you know what to except you can deal with it alot better, and thank god I have a good hubby because my mood swings are terrible 😁😁 xx
    • Posted

Exactly how i feel. I am going to keep this site in my favourites and read posts when i am having a bad time to remind me i am not alone. Thanks again for taking the time to reply x
  • Posted

hey just to say as others have you are not alone...this is the most weired strangest and awful time....so many different symptons going on...i aswell thought i ad something seriously wrong with me,,,,todays is headaches like u wouldnt belive and i cant breathe my nose so stuffy ....to be honest my nose as been like this for months ..appparently part of the menopause!!! strange....im finding the beta blockers helpful with the anxiety....and have actually slept well for the last couple nights thankgod...i would be awake at 3 every morning....glad to have you guys to talk to...so helps
    • Posted

I know what you mean about the stuffy nose,

I feel like im breathing through my mouth alot of the time, plus it makes me snore at night much to my husband's annoyance!

• Posted

The site wouldn't let me post this twice; I'm trying again so apologies if it turns up three times! eek

I get a stuffy nose in the mornings but I think it's dust mites because it goes when I change the bed? Perhaps during menopause our bodies don't deal with things like dust mites as well as they used to? Just a thought.  [idea] ​

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, yes that could be the problem, i usually wipe my eyes with a cotton pad and some eye make up remover and that seems to calm my runny eyes. I sometimes wake up with dry eyes and sometimes abit of headache. When i think about it, most of my symptoms happen when i wake up.
  • Posted

You should go back on you medication for anxieties because i take ativan for my anxieties and i had my doctor raise my trazodone to help me sleep better at night to 100mgs because i have been having a lot of trouble sleeping myself and feeling restless and anxious at times
  • Posted

Yes, this is all part of it. I've read many books on menopause over the last seven years.  This is what happens when you have a hot flash in your sleep. Your estrogen level drops, then the body releases adrenaline as it would in a fight or flight situation, only you're not running and jumping into action fueled by adrenaline, you're sleeping as the adrenaline is pumping thru your body, causing rapid heart beat, nausea, the shakes or vibration feeling in your spine and nect then bam the sweat, then the heart rate slows down suddenly and blood pressure drops making you feel like you're dying. Then anxiety and fear set it from feeling like you're dying.  Severe sleep time flashes like that are horrible to live with as I had up to 13 a night. Takes a half hour to have one and simmer down to fall back to sleep only to have may more thru the night. It's tormenting causing severe sleep deprivation.  During the day if standing up, you may feel faint.  The heart can only take so much of this strain with severe flashes and sleep deprivation. It's best to get treatment. If you smoke, the doctors won't give you HRT. There are natural things that work for some like Black Cohosh.
  • Posted

I'm 54 and just started on Celexa for depression and Xanex for the anxiety until the Celexa kicks in. IT'S that bad!! And I've never been anxious or depressed. Started HRT to help lessen the symptoms and found out today why that hasn't been working. They gave me the WRONG prescription. Good grief! Definitely more bad days than good. Can manage to come around in the afternoon. Makes you feel like a crazy person for sure!
    • Posted

So sorry Suzie. Once they give you the right medication it should take a couple of days to fully kick in. I wonder if the odd physical feelings like palpitations, blood pressure drops, severe fatigue make us feel depressed and anxious until we get correct HRT?  Our chemical make-up in our bodies are different, for I can't take Xanex, not even the lowest dose for it makes my blood pressure drop very low and heart rate slow down too much. A relative can take the highest dose three times a day with Celexa and she feels good.  This menopause trouble can be so debilitating and disabling. It's like a disease but it's not. Wishing you all the best when your HRT is corrected.

• Posted

Thank you Donna. Just found out today that I got the wrong dose of Estradiol patch. they had me on .025 and I was supposed to get .1 MG. of Miniville. Egads!!!! No wonder I've been miserable. They gave me free samples before they prescribe it. Fingers crossed. Maybe then I can get off the Celexa!!! How cool would that be?!
    • Posted

Wow, I can't believe they started ou on such a low dose of nothing!!!!  You should start feeling 100% better with a .1 mg dose within a couple of days and sleep.  Sleep deprivation can cause depression and all kinds of other kinds of other issues. You'll be off the Celexa when the estrogen kicks in.
  • Posted

Glad you have found this site, Lorraine, and it has been a "lightbulb" moment for you. smile

A trip to the Docs may now be in order, so he/she can discuss your options if you were thinking of going onto HRT.

It may take a couple of go's to get the one that suits you, so don't stress too much if you can help it, as it take a while for the drugs to kick in.

• Posted

Thank you. It has been a real eye opener. I cannot take hrt as had a blood clot a few years ago and told me i could not take anything hormone based. Going to try menopace as been reading up on herbal options. Worth a try x
    • Posted

Definitely worth a try! I will be looking for something to knock my night sweats on the head, as I can't bloomin well sleep! Between you, me, and GeorgiaS, we should come up with something to sort us out. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.