menapause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I have been reading your posts about menapause and suddenly dont feel like i am going mad! My periods have been changing over the last few months, mood swings a nightmare, feeling anxious and thinking that i have all sorts wrong with me. Having read your posts and symptoms i have a fair range of them. Anxiety, sleep problems and waking feeling anxious which is the worst as i have only been off medication for anxiety just about a year. Joint aches, fluid retention and feeling fatigued r all horrible. I am 47 and now know it is menapause and everything i experiencing is part of it. Whilst it doesnt make it go away i feel so much better understanding what is going on. I thought there was something horribly wrong with me and the more i think th e more anxious i get....a vicious circle

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can give you some good news Lorraine! I first read this in a book by Susun Weed about menopause. She says that there's something to look forward to and draw on. We no longer have our blood going out of our bodies once a month so there's some extra strength in us! razz

And a friend who's nearly over it, a bit nearer than I am, said that the negative moods go and you feel really calm and positive when it's over.

I take Wild Yam tincture to regulate my hormones and it almost prevents the hot flushes, no need for HRT! There was no way I was going to take that so I had to find an alternative. 

Don't think of it as negative, it's not! It's natural and normal. And if you were a man you'd have to spend loads of money on a sports car, motorbike or new girlfriend!!!! lolcheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.