Meniere's

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok can Meniere's cause dizziness none stop every day and feeling blah all day everyday?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this question, but yes. My worse time was an episode that lasted two weeks - was nearly admitted to hospital (and in the UK it takes a lot) due to dehydration. Haven't had it that bad for several months now, long may it continue.

hope you get some relief 

jacki 

• Posted

A month ago I suffered a severe attack of vertigo (my first).  I was put on Serc at the hospital, and have been taking my dosage every day, and have not had that vertigo experience since, ...but have felt dizzy at times, and unsteady on my feet.  Most days are "pretty good".  Have an appointment with ENT in 6 weeks.....hoping it is not meniere's, but....

• Posted

What does everyone think is better for dizziness valum or meclizine?
    • Posted

Hi Daniel,

I have found in the past that I needed to take them both together.  For me, neither seemed to do the trick on its own. I also had to take Glycopyyrolate! ( Meclizine, Clonazepam/Valium and Glycopyrrolate = my "Blessed Trinity"! )

• Posted

JMJ did either one make you sleepy or any side effects? And I have never heard of Glycopyrrolate?
    • Posted

Hi Daniel,

Yes, the Meclazine and the Clonazepam are somewhat sedating.  The Glycopyyrolate isn't, but it's the best anti-nausea med I've ever used.  No other side effects I can think of.

Take good care.

J-

• Posted

I usually try meclizine first and if it doesn't stop the dizziness then I take a valium. I think valium can be habit forming so I prefer to only use it as a last resort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.