Meniere's disease and other medical conditions

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am wondering how many forum members have other, seemingly unrelated, conditions as well as MD. Exeter University medical school in England has found that there appears to be a link between MD and “immune system disorders and diseases related to the autonomic nervous system, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s Disease, and arthritis.”

What do members think about this?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Misti.  Can you provide more details about the Exeter study?  A link to it would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• Posted

Hi Tanney

I will try to post a link but usually they just send it to forum jail!

• Posted

This is the link to the Exeter Medical School research:

[link removed by forum moderator]

I am hoping the moderators will allow it as it's not selling any product, it's genuine medical research

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Tanney

Well,  that didn't work!  They might let it out of the pokey later but if you try googling

Research provides new insights into Ménière’s Disease

it should take you to the article in hearing review. It's not a long article but interesting I think.

I have also read elsewhere that there are possible links between MD and obesity, circulatory disease and diabetes.

Researchers seem to be thinking more and more that MD is multi factorial in origin and stems from different problems in different people. But hopefully every new piece of information will eventually lead to a real solution to this horrible condition.

Hope you are doing well. Best wishes  M

• Posted

Thanks Misti.  I sent a private message to you so maybe you can send the link back to me via private message....since moderator prefers that.  Just click on the envelope sign under my name on left side of message smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.