Menieres fullness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I been having Mineres Virtigo almost for a week now. The fullness in my ear won’t go away. Is that permanent now or will the fullness go away.?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Judy201,

The fullness in my ear is always there along with the Tennitus. Ive been diagosed since January but experienced fullness for more than a year. Everyone is different maybe with treatment yours might go away.

Best of Luck

• Posted

Hi Judy, is your fullness on and off or you have it all the time?

Thanks

• Posted

I thought it was off and on but with his episode it’s been on, does it go away?
  • Posted

I've had MD for about a year now. I had bone removalsurgery 8 months ago and it made the vertigo better but I didn't get my hearing loss (80%) back yet and I still have fullness of varying degrees. Never tinnitus though. I believe it is related to my diet and possibly baromeyric pressure.

• Posted

I never heard of that surgery? What is that all about 
    • Posted

He may be referring to an Endolyphatic Sac Decompression.  They remove bone so the fluid has more room.  We get our vertigo from to much fluid build up.  I had it done and only lost 3% more of my hearing.  I had very little symptoms for 4 years.  It was great, little vertigo but nothing like before.  I started having symptoms again last August and because my hearing is still good, I had a revision done.  Which did not go so well.  But the initial one I was very happy I had done. 
    • Posted

Why did it only last 4 years? Hard to believe they can find a way to get rid of fluid. Hoping for a cure. Did you ever have the shot of antibiotics to the ear drum. Does that work and do you only have it in one ear? This is so helpful to talk to people. Thanks for replying 
    • Posted

The surgery doesn’t get rid of the fluid but it makes more room for the fluid.  I am hopeful for a cure but they need to find the cause first.  I only had the steroid injections because I have good hearing still in.  The gentamicin can cause complete hearing loss and balance loss.  My good ear would have to take over and with this disease it is likely that it will affect both ears.  The more attacks you have, the more damage it causes.  I believe the surgery helped lessen the damage I only loss 3% of my hearing in 4 years.  When it started coming back in a months time I lost 10% of my hearing.  I use Dyazide daily and Valium, Promethazine for when I am in a cute attack.  I also use Allegra, Singular and Nasacort for my allergies/asthma.  I watch my sodium, caffeine intake which I believe has helped a great deal.  This disease is horrible never know from one day to the next.  Good luck! 
    • Posted

No - but it was stable.  Before surgery I had about 30% loss 4 years later I only had 33% which I feel is great.  My dr agreed.  When I had an acute attack last August in 1 months time I lost another 10%.  I was in an attack for a good month then it would come and go up until my revision in November.  
  • Posted

I was diagnosed in 2009, I never had tinnitus occasionally I would get a high pitch buzz never lasted long.  But I dealt with the full pressure in my ear/ head.  Sometimes that is worse than the vertigo.  This disease is so different for everyone.  I know right now with the allergy season on us my symptoms are worse.  
    • Posted

Me too , a decongestion seems to be helping, I was even thinking about adding neighboring Honey to my diet to see if that helps
  • Posted

Hi Judy.

How long do you have minieres now.

I now early stages that fullness stays. With me i find after vomiting its like everything would reset fullness gone.

Belief their 3 stages. If a look at mine im in the middle stage. Also keep a close eye in your blood pressure.

• Posted

I was diagnosed 4  years  ago but I know I had it longer. I hate it with a passion , I worry so much about my other ear getting it and not being able to hear, my hearing is real bad in the effective ear. There is just no win with this disease. You think they would have something to drain the access fluid by now.  
    • Posted

How do you know what stage your in? I had symptoms 2 years ago with Vertigo Tennitus and hearing loss. The vertigo went away until Jan. of this year where its much worse. How long does each stage last?
    • Posted

Hi,

Google stages of minieres. How long it takes i dont know my fullness was almost 2 years and as sion as i throw up the pressure would subside for 2 days then i started checking blood pressure i dont no if its by change it dissapeared after low dose bliid pressure tablet everyday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.