Menieres fullness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I been having Mineres Virtigo almost for a week now. The fullness in my ear won’t go away. Is that permanent now or will the fullness go away.?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Judy,  Willow4 is correct. They remove some of the bone to make more room for expansion of the fluid sacs.  I understand one is potassium and one is sodium. As the pressure builds up and the fluids get mixed due to a small tear the vertigo sets in.  It doesn't stop until the tear is healed up.  Before my surgery I had attacks that lasted up to 12 hours and then a 2 day hangover.  I don't have any medical basis for this but if I think I have too much sodium in a meal, I take a 550mg potassium tablet and it seems to counter act the build-up.  A average person can have 4,500mg of potassium a day and I don't think any of us hit that number with just food.  I take potassium 550mg twice a day and any time I feel a build up.  I haven't had any reaction to it that I know of.  Check with your Dr but it works for me. Good Luck

• Posted

I did because it gave me a normal life for 4 years.  But others do not have the outcome like I did.  It is something you really need to think about, talk with your family and Dr.  I wish you the best of luck. 
  • Posted

Hi. My fullness went away, but that could be different for you. Now the ringing becomes wors when it gets close to attack. That why i say check blood pressure it could contribute to blood pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.