Menopausal Easter

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone feeling nauseous looking at all that chocolate this morning? I know I do, uugghh, horrible.

0 likes, 489 replies

489 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lou how you feeling today?x
    • Posted

Hi Elaine, hope you ok, have you had a good day? Not been great, went to see eldest daughter then went to the park to sit in sun but was packed with screaming kids and on way back there was an accident and got caught in bumper to bumper traffic for hour and half, also spent two hours in A and E as hubby badly hurt his shoulder and his arm puffed up like a balloon, also had stomach ache and burning on oophorectomy side as I was so stressed, how was your day ? Xx
    • Posted

Hi there poor you how stressful you really don't need that. I hope your husband is OK. My day was OK Phil was off today so he busied around in the garden then we took Basil for a walk (that's our dogs name). I feeling not too bad at the moment but you can be sure it won't last long.

Back to work tomorrow but everyone will ask did you have a nice Easter and I will say a big fat NO! But apart from that its not been too bad.

Poor you I hope you feel better soon.😣

• Posted

Thank you for caring, glad your day was fairly good the weather was too hot for me, I feel like exploding I'm so stressed - I have work tomorrow like you, dreading it are you ? Not sure what how we feel about things at mo, hubby has health issues like me and we have awful neighbours that constantly wind us up and deliberately make their dog bark when we are in the garden, we have had words with them about it and it ended up in a massive fall out that's left a terrible atmosphere, thinking about selling up and clearing off and buying somewhere with no neighbours, also pressure of work is too much as we are both self employed, no work no money, I don't know we'll see - do you work full time? Hope you don't x
    • Posted

No I just work four days a week in a law firm. Really hope your day is OK tomorrow. Yeah my husband is self employed too and if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid but he's never Ill. The only time I can remember is when he had a suspected heart attack and was dragged off to Cheltenham General. But he was fine. Yep not looking forward to work but like you if I have a sick day they don't pay me.

So sorry about you neighbours and their dog. We have neighbours with two German Shepherds and a Jack Russell but of course Basil doesn't hear them any more which is good. They constructed what we call the Berlin Wall between us but because Bazz doesn't hear anymore they needn't have bothered.

I really hope your day isn't too stressful tomorrow. Nice to chat speak soon.😊xx

• Posted

Uugghh Berlin Wall, how awful for you, nowt as queer as folk, well some folk anyway, I think working four days a week is a lot, I only work mornings and that's a struggle! You need to take care of yourself and that's scary for your poor hubby, all we need is less stress and I hope you have a peaceful day at work tomorrow, let's keep smiling I always try and think of those struggling so much more than me . Big hugs xx😃
    • Posted

Oh mornings are fine I wish I just worked mornings. Hope your day isn't too bad tomorrow. Now got a headache too much wine I think. Yep let's smile until our faces hurt...you gotta keep on going matter what.

Hope you have a good day and take care.😊xx

• Posted

Yes agree, I have had bad head all day as well, wish I could have glass of wine but I know I will get an instant headache, felt so sorry for hubby today, he's had four lots of surgery on his shoulders, two decompression ops and ops for ruptured tendons, but he's been overdoing things as usual and last week he lifted daughters washing machine by himself out of the back of his truck into her new house, and that's really finished them off, shoulder dropped and distorted but hospital wouldn't even x Ray it as they said he has had too many already and have referred him back to GP, told him to take paracetamol, waste of time - he's in agony now , he try's so hard to be happy but is very depressed today and I have forced him to cancel all his work this week and rest. Stress goes straight to my op site, meant to ask did you have hysterectomy? X😨
    • Posted

No I haven't had that done yet. But there's time for that in the future but don't want that done at all have you? So sorry about your husband hope he feels better soon. I always have shoulder pains comes from doing too much at the gym.

Hope your day goes well tomorrow and keep shimling if you can.

Sleep well. Elaine xx

• Posted

Yes had hysterectomy over 20 years ago leaving right ovary, that was removed 18 months ago due to large cyst over twenty centimetres in size, horrible - now in surgical menopause with no HRT, hard to deal with but hey ho I'm alive. Sorry you have shoulder pains as well, I know that's extremely painful, shoulders are very complicated because of all the complex movements they can do. Would love to go to the gym but tum still hurts with stress so puts me off, you sound very fit with all dog walking as well ! Well done you. Have a peaceful nights sleep, at least it's a short week this week. Think I might put George Michael on iPod now always helps me sleep, love his calming voice, xx
    • Posted

You sleep well too...yep its good to have a short week hopefully will have Friday off if Im lucky but its best to keep busy.

Night night.x

• Posted

Yep ready for calm now, listening to my lovely George ! Night night chat tomorrow x😌
    • Posted

Hi Lou hope you had a good day. I have to have loads of work done on my car before it passes its MOT. I hope your hubby is feeling a bit better today. I am going to have to rely on my son to take me to work tomorrow but he doesn't know this yet. He's probably gone to the Gym. Will ask him when he gets home.

Busy day at work but my boss is so chaotic she doesn't know what she's doing half the time.

Anyway its nice to catch up.😄

• Posted

Hi Elaine, good to hear from you, sorry you have to have lots of work done on your car, always something isn't there, my car is quite old the sunroof leaks and drivers side window is stuck, hubby does all the work on it as he is a trained mechanic as well but his shoulder won't allow it at the mo ! He is going to local hospital this week for X-ray as they have walk in centre found out today so that might work, how have you been today ? Your boss sounds crazy ha ha, I have been dizzy and wobbly today and stomach feels odd, like I say always something, Uugghh x
    • Posted

Yeah glad your hubby can do your car. Son is home now and luckily he has agreed to take me to work tomorrow. You try and have a peaceful evening if you can. I have had a few wobblies today but not feeling too bad right now. Are you working tomorrow?

A few glasses of wine helps.

Take care lots of love.😇xx

• Posted

Glad you have your lift sorted and yes am working tomorrow, hard when you don't feel like it eh! Oh it's so hard, this surgical menopause I'd getting me down a lot, every day it seems something else, and this heat is awful, the only thing I like is that I can get the washing dry! Sorry to moan, sometimes I feel like rushing to A and E And screaming at them to do something, always feel something horrible is going to happen to me at any time, scary , get sudden rushes of fear and doom and gloom, I try to rise above it but it kind of rushes over you like a panic, it's awful, not alone I know and it's hard to deal with, we women really do get a raw deal that's a fact, oh dear not a great night. X
    • Posted

Poor you I really feel for you. I really hope you feel better soon.

Your right women do get a raw deal. Its horrid these dam hormones. But try and stay positive I know its hard I have had so many setbacks this year after loosing both parents.

Try and relax and listen to George if you can.

Onwards and upwards to coin a phrase.xxx

• Posted

Yes you are right and it's just awful for you losing your parents, I just can't imagine losing my mum I love her so much, my father was a different story, he was not the person I hoped he would be sadly 😓 yes George always makes me smile, seen him live four times, what music do you like ? Xx
    • Posted

I like all sorts of music really from folk to heavy rock. My son has played all over the world even played at Sydney Opera House. He's a member of a contemporary dance group. In the live band that plays with them. I loved my Dad he was always there for me lost him in2012. You listen to George and relax and watch the world drift by.😄 Take care will chat tomorrow. xxxx
    • Posted

Wow such a clever son you have you must be so proud, bless him - such an achievement and to go to Australia is so amazing, yes have a peaceful evening and chat soon, big hugs xx😄
    • Posted

Positive thinking as my dear brother always says.😊xx
    • Posted

Yes that's right, my lovely mum says that too - she never thinks bad things and always looks on the bright side, maybe I should lighten up a little, I really will try. Sleep well, tired now, night xx😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.