Menopause

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hi my name is louyse,and i have been on this forum before.I am 46 years of age,and for the first time,i have missed my period this month.Im worried is this normal,i have anxiety,dizziness and off balance sometimes.I am on anti depressant lexapro 20 mg and half an anti anxiety tablet.I do work full time,and do manage fine at work.I'm really scared as ialways seem to think i am going to die from a heart attack,even though i have wore a holster monitor and my heart is perfect.I wish none of us had to go through this.I want to exercise but im scared of everything to do with my heart,and i can't explain why.Please someone tell me why,if anyone else feels like this

1 like, 115 replies

115 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello Louyse

I am sorry to hear of your predicament, missing a period can be quite natural at this age.  I also suffer with anxiety and panic attacks, dizziness, fear of dying you name it I'm frightened of it!  I have just had a blood test to see where I am in my Peri menopause and I will be 59! in a few weeks.

So you are not alone.  I am there to talk to if you need me  xxxx Lesley x

• Posted

Thanks lesley,why do we fear everything when there is nothing wrong with us?
    • Posted

hi lesley...i think it's normal to fear the way we're feeling...if you're like me, you've not had any serious health issues prior to perimeopause...and then, seemingly out of nowhere, you're body betrays you with a host of terrifying symptoms...dizziness, heart palpitations, muscle aches, shakiness, headaches....is it any wonder we become afraid that something horrible is happening to us? i've been to the doctor more often in the last eighteen months than i have in the fifteen years leading up to this...i've had every test known to man and nothing shows as abnormal...and i STILL worry that something has been missed....my mind refuses to accept that this is all hormone-related, which fuels my anxiety, which exacerbates the physical symptoms...logical, when you think about it, but it doesn't make me feel (physically) any better....i think everyone else on this forum is correct...we have to just ride this out as best we can....in the meantime, i've found that it helps to vent/rant with my online "sisters"...makes the journey a bit less lonely...hang in there!
    • Posted

Thank you

I certainly am so glad I found you all!  I have been thinking more positive since talking to the girls on here and I want to thank you all 

for your support xx  I think sometimes when we have bad day's it's hard to think positive!  Next time I know where to go!

Bless you all xxxcheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Lesley

i too felt like you describe ... but it does pass ... it does... 

Try B6 vit... its sooo good for this anxiety and B12 got rid of mine..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay glad you had a good check of your bits and bites  biggrin  Sure eases the mind.  I think we all should take calcium eh? because of the hormone loss.  My mom has osteoporosis.  I didn't want to take all vitamins at once in the morning....too many.  I will take my calcium in the evening after supper.  biggrin
    • Posted

Morning Jay

Thank you I will try B6 - B12 I'm sure I could manage that!

One of my main problems is bleeding!  day after day, week after week, with very little relief! I have to take Iron supplements because I was suffering with anaemia!  I now have very low iron stores which doesn't help.  But once again thank you all for being there.  Have a good day! xx

• Posted

Hi Dottie

yes i take Calcium .... i use to take a Calcium & Magnesium capsule from Biovea Web... 

then i changed to Natecal ( Calcium & Vit D mix) 

then noticed my hot flushes returned 😃

Magnesium helps Hot Flushes etc..

so i still take the Natecal but before i go to bed I drink magnesium..

i now use an effervescant magnesium  ' plink plink fizz' in water..

also Dottie Vit K2 seems to be the one some choose now for Bone health.

Jayxx

• Posted

Hi lesley

when i was in early peri i bled for 21 months it never stopped, but..

varied from heavy, light, spotting etc... i was lucky if I had two free days in 21 months, always there was a trace.. 

but,.. i did have a follicular cyst too, I had two in early peri, we all have a follicular cyst each cycle, but as my bleed was just annoyance and spotting etc, I didnt have a monthly period no break to clear disperse the cyst.

i had a scan and it was size of a small orange... and they said when i have a proper period it should disperse, it didnt at first, but did eventually..

i also took some homeopathic meds to assist it as my GP also did homeopathic meds.. and it worked ... 

Jarrows Methyl B12 5000mcg is the best B12 it has red label and on amazon normally or ebay or other stores.. they are cherry flavour and you chew them...

B6 can be bought from Biovea website, they also have B12 ..

the higher the mcg with B12 the better... 

B6 I take 150mg daily in morning..

Biovea ship world wide too .. have everything on there its a brill site ..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Lesley

i think the B12 will be of great benefit to you if you have anemia 

and the B6.....

good luck Hun..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

You have certainly been through it too haven't you?

I get my blood test results sometime this week!  It was a complete mot.

I will no more about what is happening then and how things have progressed.  I will go onto the Biovea site and have a look!  Anything that helps at this stage is a BIG plus!  Have a great day Jay!  xxx

• Posted

Thanks Jay!

I am going to my health shop and see what they have to offer!

I will let you know how I get on.

Lesley xxx

• Posted

HI Lesley..

good luck shopping, hope you find what your looking for at the store..

Vit B6 and Vit 12 are amazing..

when i first started peri i took Maca capsules they are good, and I still do 10 years on..

amonst other things, Estroven Max was good but i was on it years and then changed to Menapol Plus... all naturals..

i have tried many things along the way, but the B6 and B12 have been the best, blimey the anxiety just disappeared... and energy increased and brain fog went... i was so surprised by them ...

my Gyno last night agreed B6 and B12 is great for peri and meno, said i had dome my homework 😀

sorry i can remember where your from ... are you in UK ... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

I am in the UK

Well I really hope that the B6-B12 have the same affect on me, that would be fab!   And thank you Jay for doing your homework I certainly would never had known without you xx

I cannot wait now to get started xx

Thanks again Jay xxxx

• Posted

Hi Lesley I recently started on the B6 and B12 vitamins also and feel much better.  biggrin.  Took a good week to kick in but they definitely helped me.
    • Posted

Hi Lesley

yep you get them down your neck 😃

best to take the B6 in the morning as it does boost you and you want that boost for the day not at night.. Also you may find weight drops abit, mine did.

You want at least 100mg - 150mg B6 daily 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Dottie

so pleased as you will need all your energy on that Jet Ski 😃😃😃😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.