Menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All . . . it seems like ive been in menopause since my 40's and now that im 51, im feeling it. ive been freaking myself out about having cancer and every other thing you can imagine! My muscles ache, headaches, sometimes im hungry, sometimes im not, i just dont feel normal. im sooo tired i feel like i havent slept in months and 6 hrs isnt enough when i could of lived off of 6 hrs easily! Sometimes it seems like i can barely walk, my bones ache so bad. I also am taking synthroid due to a complete thyroidectomy 7 yrs ago and have been on synthroid, have had my blood work done and everything was ok. I feel like a 18 wheeler has hit me . . . is this just symptoms of menopause? i dont want to take any estrogen pills due to breast cancer runs in the family, my mom ended up with breast cancer 4 yrs ago due to taking hormone pills, ive been trying to do everything naturally but geeeez, can i just feel normal and get my energy back up! Ive also been very active my whole life and it just feels like im slipping away, I mean 51 isnt old and i dont want to let whatever this is take over my body! Help!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Khristie... I feel the same way at 45 and understand completely.  I've also had Crohn's disease for 20 years, so peri on top of all that feels like insult added to injury... what little energy I used to have is pretty much gone.  We have lots of the same symptoms, I appreciate especially what you say about sleep, and like you I've been trying to do things naturally as much as possible with the peri.  I do have to take two meds for the Crohn's and don't want to mess with that by adding more for the peri, and I hope to avoid taking estrogen, too.  Hope you will keep posting here as this community of ladies is wonderful and helpful!  Take care, Elizabeth
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

I am so glad i found this . .  I freak myself out and end up going to the ER every minute being a hypcondriac and my husband and kids just look at me like im going crazy! lol My sister also hase chrones disease and i know its not fun sad Thanks for your reply and look forward to becoming a new member of these chats!

• Posted

You need to take a good multi vitamin eat lots of greens omega 3 foods exercise drink camomile and green tea and take up yoga
  • Posted

It's so hard not knowing if it's medical, or menopause symptoms! I have been so sick, and can't figure it out. I keep plugging away, but not doing much these days. I'm going to tons of doctors trying to get answers, but it's been slow going! Hoping you get feeling better. There are a lot of natural things to try and help relieve some of your symptoms. I just started taking milk thistle today. Good for liver and kidney support, as well as other things. I have black cohosh, but haven't tried it. And, a lot of women on here swear by the B vitamins and evening primrose. Do some research, lots of things to try. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Thank you! I know this sucks, I just want to feel better! I have good days and bad days and lately there's more achy days!
  • Posted

Hi, khristie

Yes my dear it just menopause whooping you're butt. I'm sorry that you feel horrid. I buy over the counter Estroven pills they're all natural. And extra vitamins. Getting ready to buy some Macr Root. And black cohosh. I'm going to give it try and see what happens. Had blood work done today to see what hormone levels are at. Lol I rolled my eye's at the doctor today. I couldn't help myself. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Let's hope that's all it is lol . . I've had my blood work done about 3 mins ago and everything was normal! My voice has gotten hoarse and my muscles have ached so bad where I just wanna cry, scared me sometimes! If it the menopause this sucks! I'm hoping I can get some answers but I swear some doctors are quacks !

• Posted

Oh my,

I feel your pain. Also my voice has went really horse. I've always had some horse to it. But now. Dang I sound manly

Oh god, what else. More blood work done today, I told my doctor to get on it. I want to know how and what levels what are at. Lol

The look on her face

PRICELESS, , I think she thinks I am a Hypochondriac. Shoot I hate going to the doctors. Lol anyways my dear I wish you well.

• Posted

I still haven't figured that out, either, how my hormone levels can be "normal" when I feel this way.  So strange!

• Posted

I know right ! I make them do a complete panel with white and red blood count as well . . So weird
    • Posted

Me either and it's so annoying! Can I just feel 25 again lol
  • Posted

You're going to be okay. It's just menopause. ♡♡
    • Posted

Seriously how long does this go for ? My periods stopped 2 yrs ago but I swear I've been in menopause since I was like 42! This is just crazy . .
    • Posted

Julie, that reminds me of what my mom told me when I started having peri symptoms, and it does comfort me sometimes... "It won't kill you."  What she didn't say, though, is that it will try as hard to as it can!
    • Posted

Khristie, don't we all want to know the answer to that. You're periods have stopped 2 yrs ago and you are still going through all this? Oh lord. I am so sorry. Hang in there sweetie.
    • Posted

Wow I seriously don't know how long this last. I went to the doctors yesterday and had blood work done for everything possible. I am no longer prei she said. I'm post. But did find out that my thyroid is low , vitamin D is way low. And a few other things. And still waiting on the rest of my results. All I can say is I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.